Forums

Help › Forums

Which wedge do you use most?

Thu, Nov 23 2017 11:23 AM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • manxoli
    1,518 Posts
    Thu, Nov 23 2017 11:23 AM

64 for me to,i play with 2! L 52 and 91 Max!

Oli

• Woodie312
    671 Posts
    Thu, Nov 23 2017 4:29 PM

Ok guys and gals first thing first. I agree wholeheartedly with what everyone is saying about the 64-degree wedge be it the Cleveland that I use or whatever brand works for the individual. 

But the OP’s question was what wedge do you use the most?

So, in all honesty I have to say that would be my 60-degree wedge. From the back tee’s there are very few holes that you can drive to within the range of a 64; however, there are several that you can drive to within 62-85 yards. This distance is the wheelhouse for a Cleveland 60. 

• Robert1893
    7,669 Posts
    Thu, Nov 23 2017 5:17 PM

Woodie312:

I think we all understood that. And the answer is still the 64-degree wedge.

It's not the distance of the club at full swing that makes it a club that's used all the time. It's the club's pitch, punch, and flop capabilities. Around the green, it's the most valuable club in the bag. Other than possibly my driver and putter (I suppose), there is no other club that I use as often. And I don't think the comparisons are even close (wedge or otherwise). 

Of course, if a person has 100% greens in regulation and is never in bunkers, I guess it probably wouldn't be used as much. :-)  Of course, that's not me. 

Regardless, the 64 wedge is the one I use the most. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Nov 23 2017 8:18 PM

Robert1893:
    Woodie312:

I think we all understood that. And the answer is still the 64-degree wedge.

Totally agree. That club covers every yardage from 65 yards down in most winds (Nike ball) depending on how you use spin. Next to the punch distance of the 60W there is virtually no gap between the 60 and 64 degree wedges. Because of that I would say the 2nd most used wedge is the 60 degree.

Also, I am with the OP on that 56W. It probably gets used as much as the 60W for me because it is ridiculously accurate from 80-110 yards, depending on shot type and wind. The 84 yard punch with it is one of the handiest shots I use.

• craigswan
    30,998 Posts
    Fri, Nov 24 2017 12:25 AM

I use them all about equally .

Nothing beats seeing a ball rise high in the air and land soft with backspin .

My favourite is the sand wedge .

Ham & Avocado on rye .

• PAGES
RSS