Forums

Help › Forums

How much extra does it cost....

rated by 0 users
Wed, Sep 30 2009 2:16 PM (2 replies)
  • DarrenMcL
    2 Posts
    Thu, Sep 24 2009 3:13 AM

when buying clubs to get the ones with consistent chipping distances?  Since when does a club in 50% rough travel the same distance it would if it were on the fairway?  Spend some of that money you guys are making on club sales to correct obvious and embarrassing inconsistencies in your game.  Graphics are great.....physics are questionable at best guys.  Time to step up to the plate.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Sep 30 2009 11:14 AM

On the other hand, Richard, DarrenMcL made at least one statement that appears to be indefensible:

DarrenMcL:
    a club in 50% rough travel[s] the same distance it would if it were on the fairway

I've just never experienced anything like that. Rough is rough, and especially with 50%, it's very extremely difficult to get out of. And the club's distance seems very much affected by such deep rough, every time.

• hbthree
    478 Posts
    Wed, Sep 30 2009 2:16 PM

Faterson:

On the other hand, Richard, DarrenMcL made at least one statement that appears to be indefensible:

DarrenMcL:
    a club in 50% rough travel[s] the same distance it would if it were on the fairway

I've just never experienced anything like that. Rough is rough, and especially with 50%, it's very extremely difficult to get out of. And the club's distance seems very much affected by such deep rough, every time.

Not sure what you mean by indefensible in this context, but I'm not sure why we would place credence in the comment to begin with??

The only situation I know of where the ball approaches the advertised distance from 50% rough is with the pitch shot.....even then it seems to be consistantly 2 or so yds short of the "advertised" distance.  From the fairway the same pitch shots seem to travel 4-5 yds further than the advertised distance and from 30-40% rough they seem to travel the advertised distance plus two yds..

HBthree

RSS