Forums

Help › Forums

"On the fairway"

rated by 0 users
Fri, Sep 25 2009 5:11 PM (8 replies)
  • amster
    1 Posts
    Wed, Sep 23 2009 12:53 PM

Does anybody else think it should be "in the fairway" instead of  "on" ?  One hits the ball "on the green" but  not "on the fairway"  

• leetiyler
    101 Posts
    Wed, Sep 23 2009 1:03 PM

repeat  from another thread

I have an idea that WGT might find interesting

I have played every golf game sold in a store, and you would be crazy if you thought another game is better than this.

I do not play much,been a member for 4 months  but in the last 3 days I have been home with the flu, so I have been playing. I found some frustrating things. Number one would be the people who quit on you. I had 8 games yesterday before I got to see the 9th hole. The other thing is the enhanced equipment. Players on 2-3 holes seem to have an advantage

Ok WGT, how to make money and influence friends

1--Split enhanced players and regular players into separate leagues

2--Charge enhanced zero, and regular players $5 a month

3-Charge $5 for every disconnect, and if you disconnect  5 times  in a month, you are suspended for 30 days. 5 times is arbitrary, could be 3, could be 1

4-Put some kind of penalty for those who need more than 90 seconds to take a shot

5-With the money, keep some,  and with the rest give us a better selection of courses to play

When I log in, I can find the player with  like clubs to mine, and be somewhat confident that the player will go the 9 holes. If I was a consistent player, that alone would be worth $5

Other enhancements could be made, but that is open for discussion

Thoughts, please. Please stay positive. A few of you are always negative, so please give this some thought

WGT, What you think?

• mrboo
    211 Posts
    Wed, Sep 23 2009 1:30 PM

To the original post, yes it should be "In the Fairway"

To the last post. I think you need more chicken soup, that fever has got you thinking all crazy like n stuff.

• JeffGooch
    263 Posts
    Wed, Sep 23 2009 7:03 PM

in the rough..in the bunker...bad lies

on the fairway...on the green...good lies

IN the fairway still sounds better though

ON is for the putting surface only

and yes...there should be BIRDS in the BGM

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, Sep 23 2009 7:25 PM

It is a bit like parking on driveways, and driving on parkways.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Wed, Sep 23 2009 7:39 PM

"In" the fairway is what happens when I play real golf in the early spring, hit a great drive, the fairway is soggy wet, and the ball sinks into the turf.  "On" the fairway is what happens to my drives in the summer.  Except for when they go "in" the rough.  Or "in" the water.

• DightonBlue
    42 Posts
    Wed, Sep 23 2009 8:49 PM

Sort of remindsme of a golf proverb I heard many years ago:

If it goes left, it's a hook; if it goes right, it's a slice; if it goes straight, it's a miracle.

• mrboo
    211 Posts
    Thu, Sep 24 2009 5:34 PM

LOL Dighton, that's a good one. Never heard that before. Very true too =)

• Weirsy
    84 Posts
    Fri, Sep 25 2009 5:11 PM

hmmm bad lies ? But you're ON the cartpath, ON the road, ON the wrong fairway, ON steroids...oh Tiger

RSS