Forums

Help › Forums

2009 Presiden ts Cup Presented By Thunderboltz and EdChavez

Mon, Oct 19 2009 6:21 PM (231 replies)
  • ThunderBoltz
    740 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2009 4:30 PM

Since there's alot more players signing up for this tournament I will revise the Pairings but will keep the players aside that already qualified.

Thunderboltz

• RiftRaft
    25 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2009 6:23 PM

take me off this please there are alot of people and i wont have the time

• ThunderBoltz
    740 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2009 6:51 PM

MyNadsItch 67

Thunderboltz 71

• KWFegan
    103 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2009 7:21 PM

PLEASE ADD ME KWFEGAN 66 MASTER

• SunshineGolf
    7 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2009 7:27 PM

May I sign up? I can play for either the US or the international team.

SunshineGolf, Pro

• rnegv
    55 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2009 8:44 PM

Results for group B

rnegv          66

rmau86   disconnected on last hole was 4 or 5 over

Jiggs445   74

• TrevorTurner
    106 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2009 9:28 PM

Just making sure Im paired with Imcoola still for pre-lims.

Cheers guys!

• plim
    1,388 Posts
    Wed, Sep 30 2009 8:09 AM

i'm down on the international spreadsheet twice told edchavez a couple of days ago but still doubled up

cheers

• plim
    1,388 Posts
    Wed, Sep 30 2009 8:21 AM

i would like to know whats happening and when.

how many are going to be in each team ?

has qualifying started ?

do international players need to qualify ?

when do qualifying scores need to be in by if they do?

and can we have everything in one place - rules, team sheets, qualifying scores

has the date to sign up by changed it was 15th oct ?

• gaoerfuqiu
    443 Posts
    Wed, Sep 30 2009 12:42 PM

ThunderBoltz:

plim:
    has the date to sign up by changed it was 15th oct ?

Apparently it has, plim (even though yesterday ThunderBoltz announced sign-ups would close on October 6th ... ??????????), and unfortunately, too ... I was thinking about signing up but to me this is not very well organized - ThunderBoltz and EdChavez have given us very little information and has only recently updated the qualifying round details.

plim:
    how many are going to be in each team ?

Haven't said yet ... presumably nine players will automatically qualify to each team, and then the captain and his/her two captain's picks will play as well. I have already written to ThunderBoltz and EdChavez about having captains but said they would discuss it. That was one of the big reasons why I didn't sign up anyway - it's just not realistic until you have someone who keeps suspense up by making his picks and notifying his team of when he/she has to play and getting the team's spirits up. Hopefully this is an addition they will make.

plim:
    do international players need to qualify ?

Of course they do, but I'm not sure if they have posted qualifying for the International Team ... something else to update!

OVERALL ASSESSMENT: I'm very worried that the two organizers, who have done a great job of getting lots of people to sign up and get this thing started, are not putting in the complete effort necessary to run a successful and wide-scale tournament such as the President's Cup demands. There have been a lot of questions and suggestions that have not been answered or replied to, and many of these are very important. We'll see how this works out but I and those who are participating should be wary and cautious of how this proceeds. Good luck to all participants and to ThunderBoltz and EdChavez as the 2009 President's Cup begins!

RSS