Forums

Help › Forums

Well Done!

Fri, Aug 18 2017 2:50 PM (6 replies)
  • Miesque
    10 Posts
    Wed, Aug 9 2017 3:43 PM

Congrats to the July Legend tier open winner.  Only played 5 rounds this year in July and shot a 55 at Merion.  Is there any chance you could share some of your expertise with the rest of us?  

• lonniescott711
    4,183 Posts
    Mon, Aug 14 2017 11:23 AM

Miesque:

Congrats to the July Legend tier open winner.  Only played 5 rounds this year in July and shot a 55 at Merion.  Is there any chance you could share some of your expertise with the rest of us?  

There`s a L73 Tour Pro who has only played 3 ranked rounds and nothing else .They have 0 friends but have started a country club after only playing the game for 8 months . I dont think they have the right to go through the forum posting about what other players are doing . I guess they started their club so they can blow up the tiers from playing the easy tees . Another red tee Champion is on the way .

They may have only played 5 rounds this year but they are also L105. That means they do play and probably play a ton of Match play and alternate shot . Both of those are`nt recorded as ranked rounds or scored play . So becareful about bad mouthing L105 Legends . You can fake tiers but you cant fake levels .

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Mon, Aug 14 2017 2:27 PM

Miesque:
    Congrats to the July Legend tier open winner.  Only played 5 rounds this year in July and shot a 55 at Merion.  

You do realize that he has thousands of rounds in alternate shot + match play to his credit, yes?

In other words, what's your point?

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Mon, Aug 14 2017 3:17 PM

Yet....600+ ranked rounds with abysmal stats...could potentially be a cause for concern no?

Rigght up there with a certain other L who shall remain unnamed.  

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Mon, Aug 14 2017 5:48 PM

kavvz:
    Yet....600+ ranked rounds with abysmal stats...could potentially be a cause for concern no?

Not necessarily. It could very well be that the person played most if not all of those ranked rounds when still new to the game. After that, he simply switched to alternate shot and match play. I don't believe either of those affect stats.  But maybe my understanding is incorrect. 

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Mon, Aug 14 2017 11:26 PM

Robert1893:

kavvz:

Not necessarily. It could very well be that the person played most if not all of those ranked rounds when still new to the game. After that, he simply switched to alternate shot and match play. I don't believe either of those affect stats.  But maybe my understanding is incorrect. 

They don't, but the alt shot record is mediocre and the MP record is horrible.  But, it was probably even more awful before and is getting better lately.

Could he have scored that on his own? Yes. Although people, who wait until the last day and win by one tend to have something up their sleeve. Someone else playing that round and splitting the profits? Been done before and not that rare of an occurrence. 

But the score could've been legit, people have great rounds. We'll see if the same last day great round happens this month. Cause that would tell much more...

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Fri, Aug 18 2017 2:50 PM

mkrizan86:
    But the score could've been legit, people have great rounds. We'll see if the same last day great round happens this month. Cause that would tell much more...

What it wasn't is a one off, round of a lifetime, sort of thing.  The RR that preceded it won a Legend 200c rg, and these waters are only for the brave.

In fact the last 5 rounds listed have been in credit tournaments and have netted (on a quick count) $222.15 as that's out of a 7 year total of $230.16 so shows a change of focus, or something.  At least he's a Canadian/Scot who'll pass on his good fortune to others, well women (or at least....). 

mkrizan86:
    MP record is horrible

It looks even worse if you look at the players he has the biggest losing records to.

And none of the above proves anything untoward is happening :-)

RSS