Forums

Help › Forums

swing meter in incremental one yard changes

rated by 0 users
Tue, Sep 15 2009 5:10 PM (3 replies)
  • danny66
    25 Posts
    Mon, Sep 14 2009 5:36 PM

what's the possibility of a meter that changes in one yard increments???as you increase the meter it goes up, and down with a decrease..the new balls add a little distance and it is difficult to guess at how much to take off or add for the increase, also with wind variances.  if if wanted a 127 yard shot thats what i would stop it on and then it would go about where i wanted it to, and if not, then at least i know i goofed...in real life on the course i walk off yardages, etc to get a good idea of what to hit, how hard into the wind and how easy with it behind me, etc...just a thought...would eliminate some guess work i think.  what do you folks think?

• molideha
    213 Posts
    Tue, Sep 15 2009 6:28 AM

i think the developers at WGT have done a nice job of keeping guess work in the game....is guess work not in the real game of golf?...when you putt from 38 feet on a real golf course, do you not wonder sometimes "i have no idea where this is going but i hope its a good lag?"...when you draw back a T shot with a 15 mph cross wind do you not think "i hope this holds the fairway" ?

the premier golf game for many years (Links) was too "resolved"...players had charts to help them calculate every aspect of any given shot.

variability is a good thing, imho.

gl

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Tue, Sep 15 2009 7:29 AM

Subscribe to everything Molideha says. Let's not turn this game into an affair of 100% predictable mathematical calculations. Real life, and golf, aren't like that.

• danny66
    25 Posts
    Tue, Sep 15 2009 5:10 PM

I agree 110 percent with both of you..my only reason for suggesting it at all was that I thought it might make it a little easier for the people who have never played the real game and who have no idea about club selection, wind, crosswinds, etc.  I play in real life, 67 yrs old now with a 4 handicap..not bad for an old fart...anyway, I just got tired of reading the crap from those people who come on whining and complaining about how hard it is and threatening to quit, etc...I personally love a tough course..the harder the better...that was all guys, ...personally, I am of the opinion if they don't like it...just go away.  I guess some people don't like free and you do have to pay a little to get better...if you don't...might as well quit, huh.

RSS