Help › Forums

4 round single play monthly tournament please:

rated by 0 users
Wed, Sep 16 2009 6:26 AM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • jasondement
    322 Posts
    Mon, Sep 14 2009 3:58 PM

I know its most likely been suggested many times but I would like to see a 4 round tournament played over the whole month. It could be one round a week only playable once per week with a cut after the second week. This seems like a very simple thing to do that I'm sure will be welcome by a lot of players. I really hope WGT is planning on doing this in the near future.

• rustynipples
    199 Posts
    Mon, Sep 14 2009 4:01 PM

This idea = win :)

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Mon, Sep 14 2009 4:23 PM

I'll do ya one better because I'd like to see it done weekly.  You would play your first two rounds at your leisure between Monday and Thursday and the cut would be made @ 11:59pm on Thursday night.  Whomever survives will have the opportunity to play the final two rounds at their leisure on Friday, Saturday or Sunday.

Rinse and repeat.

• jasondement
    322 Posts
    Mon, Sep 14 2009 4:34 PM

Ya thats even better niv and the suggestion I made could be used for a premium tournament which they already should have more of. Not that I do well at them but I still try. {-_-}

• hbthree
    478 Posts
    Tue, Sep 15 2009 3:34 AM

I'm with you Niv...HBthree

• plim
    1,388 Posts
    Tue, Sep 15 2009 5:01 AM

i also think if we are going to have 4 round torneys you should be given 2 random virtual tee times for the first two rounds and that WGT should work weather or wind patterns in to that.

for example

i'm given tee times of 11 30 first round  and 1620 second round and lets say like tour golf its a 4 hour round. so my first virtual round is 11 30 to 1530.

the weather forecast for the 1st round  is light winds 0700 - 0900 moderate winds 0900 - 1330 strong winds 1330 - 1430 before easing back to moderate to light winds 1430 - 2000 end of 1st round.

those who get early tees have the best of the weather early on and have the chance to shoot low scores before the wind picks up. whilst say me with my tee time has moderate then strong winds to contend with making shooting low harder but not impossible.

we all know that the wind  is a great leveler at times in golf and that the luck of the draw plays a big part in what kind of scores you can shoot. just look at this years U.S. Open the weather played a big part in what happened over the course of the first two rounds. some golfers were lucky with their tee times while others suffered.

i just think it would make it more interesting and add that unpredictable factor into the golf.

new names winning now and again well you never know.

• TaterNater
    545 Posts
    Tue, Sep 15 2009 5:14 AM

very well thought and excellent suggestion plim i like ur idea alot

• TallAcePaul
    1,455 Posts
    Tue, Sep 15 2009 5:23 AM

Fantastic idea and suggestions, would really take the competitions forward a notch and would help in getting a very realistic stroke play ranking

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Tue, Sep 15 2009 5:44 AM

I really like this idea.....sweating about the cut already.  

...........................now how do I find my group on shottraker..............................

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Tue, Sep 15 2009 6:12 AM

This idea is ages old now, and still hasn't been instituted.  Let's start simply:  How about *1* 4-round weekly tournament, to start?

• PAGES
RSS