Forums

Help › Forums

SKPE LIVE TALK DURING PLAY

rated by 0 users
Sun, Sep 13 2009 8:40 PM (5 replies)
  • jasondement
    322 Posts
    Sun, Sep 13 2009 12:50 PM

Hi everyone, I wanted to let everyone know how well this works during the game. Yesturday me and a friend of mine Jeffdos played 36 holes without typing a word. We were talking as if we were siting next to each other while playing here and it had no effect on the meter or loading or any problem what so ever. This is a great way to get a whole different feel for this game. Makes it seem even more real than ever before. I know that everyone here will not accept this idea as something they would like to do but for the ones who want something different and to be able to actually talk a little smack shile playing i would recommend you trying this application. Jeff and I are looking for a couple of people to join us for a regular foursome played this way.  If you are interested reply here or send me or jeffdos924 a message. I promise if you like to talk sheet and make new friends you will love this way of playing.

• rustynipples
    199 Posts
    Sun, Sep 13 2009 1:55 PM

Never used skype, I know that some people were using ventrilo while in game to communicate and said that it worked well with no lag.

• JTxpress
    411 Posts
    Sun, Sep 13 2009 4:38 PM

I have used skype occasionally with a couple other friends, and I agree. It saves a ton of typing. If you can get used to someone talking in your ear while you swing it's great fun. It's also a free download at www.skype.com.

Rusty, you ought to check into it. If anyone would like to add me to there skype friends list I am JTxpress on there also. I found skype much easier to setup then ventrilo to. Just make sure you go thru the test call and get setup right. I had to turn on my front jacks, on sound card. default was set for rear.

• rustynipples
    199 Posts
    Sun, Sep 13 2009 4:55 PM

I need to get a mic first :(

• jeffdos924
    1,085 Posts
    Sun, Sep 13 2009 6:10 PM

Jason beat me to posting here .. but he's right. He downloaded it the other day and when we played yesterday, he was amazed at how clear the sound was.  Skype is a free download at Skype.com .. all you need is a mic & speakers ... or even better, a headset.  Much better talking TO someone that chatting AT someone. I use an underpowerd PC .. 4 yr old Dell with 1G of Ram, and never had any more meter issues than i ever have. Best thing about, is the ability to host several people on a conference call. We used Skype in one of my pool leagues and some nights we could have 9-10 people involved in the call ...  was like a party.

Sure beats the heck out of typing ... tough to talk a little smack with a keyboard ..LOL.

If you want to give a shot, my skype name is the same as here ... give me a yell and give it a whirl.

• JTxpress
    411 Posts
    Sun, Sep 13 2009 8:40 PM

Even if your not set up for live chat, skype is a great way to find out if your buddies in the middle of a game, what hole they're on, when they'll be done, etc. Just do the conventional way and type it in. But the good thing is that if they have skype running, you can check in with them no matter where they are on internet.

RSS