Forums

Help › Forums

2 improvements that should be the WGT's team top priorities.

rated by 0 users
Tue, Sep 15 2009 9:24 PM (9 replies)
  • lgrenier
    6 Posts
    Sat, Sep 12 2009 8:48 AM

Please let me insist on two key improvements that could make the World Golf Tour a far more enjoyable online golf experience.

1) As I pointed out before, the full screen option always ends up including within the window a white border (resembling that found in some printed photographs) together with a blue margin on either side of the screen.  At least, this is the case in all wide screen lcd’s, and as far as I know most lcd’s today are wide screen.

Now, this white border and blue margin on either side of the screen are annoying, as they take away the realistic feel of the course or its ability to give a sense of immersion.  It should therefore be a priority to offer a true full widescreen option.

2) Finally, the team responsible for this game should work on making all available courses playable in both stroke and closest to hole options.  Variety as they say is the spice of life, and boredom sets in without it.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sat, Sep 12 2009 9:29 AM

I agree very much with no. 1. The light-colour borders completely disrupt the imagery.

As to no. 2, I would prefer for WGT to make pin locations variable on the current courses, before moving on to new courses. (And making pins variable should be a lot easier to do than creating brand-new courses, although by no means easy, of course.)

• lgrenier
    6 Posts
    Sun, Sep 13 2009 10:30 AM

The thing though, regarding pin locations, is that as of now they appear consistent with the real courses from which the pictures were taken. Changing them would be artificial.

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Sun, Sep 13 2009 10:41 AM

They mean moving the hole location on the green not the whole green.  Pin placements move from day to day on any real course.

• lgrenier
    6 Posts
    Mon, Sep 14 2009 3:42 PM

Ya, ya, I know. The pin location, not the whole green you meant. I must have expressed myself poorly. Having said this, I wasn't aware of the fact you just brought into light; i.e.,that pin locations can vary on the real courses themselves. Interesting. Yet, as far as the variety of the course environments is concerned, I fear changing the pin locations on existing courses would be a marginal improvement, if desirable.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Mon, Sep 14 2009 4:57 PM

Igrenier:
    I fear changing the pin locations on existing courses would be a marginal improvement, if desirable.

You're kidding? Alright, we should cut you some slack because you didn't even know pin locations change in real life... But rest assured that a changed pin location can completely change the difficulty level of a hole. I guarantee you if WGT make pin locations variable on Kiawah & Bethpage, it will feel like playing 2 brand-new courses! That's why I believe WGT should first make pin locations variable on the current 2 courses before moving on to creating brand-new courses.

There are some holes in this game, like Bethpage 17, that are much harder to play than they should, based on their handicap ranking. I think hole 17 right now is pretty difficult because of the pin location. If you move the pin to the left or center, it's a whole new green to play with, because that frontside bunker would no longer come into play. Also, changing the pin location on Bethpage, hole 15, might dramatically change the strategy required to play that hole.

• molideha
    213 Posts
    Tue, Sep 15 2009 6:15 AM

Faterson:
    Also, changing the pin location on Bethpage, hole 15, might dramatically change the strategy required to play that hole.

yes, please move the pin to the very back of the green where all of my balls roll when i actually carry the green from 150+ out.

• lgrenier
    6 Posts
    Tue, Sep 15 2009 7:19 PM

Thanks for the slack, lol. As for feeling as though we were playing on a new course just because of a change in pin locations, I'll take your word for it, with some reservations.

Thanks for the opportunity to rethink the issue under a new light.

All the best!

• adamsito
    1 Posts
    Tue, Sep 15 2009 9:23 PM

i hear a lot of people have a problem  with freezing , or the yellow bar miss fireing , me too  please reply  t y

• Flyinturtle
    262 Posts
    Tue, Sep 15 2009 9:24 PM

I agree ithe pins should be moved but atleast one new course would be nice also.

RSS