Forums

Help › Forums

Andyson Annual ?

Mon, Jul 3 2017 11:31 PM (27 replies)
  • phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Tue, Jul 4 2017 2:19 PM

borntobesting:

I truly hope I'm wrong but I feel we also need a tourney in the memory of Lily (Sweetiepie). She has been gone for so long that many of us fear the worst.

I agree.  That she acknowledged she was battling cancer, and that there has been no further contact is not a good sign.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Jul 4 2017 10:49 PM

borntobesting:
    I truly hope I'm wrong but I feel we also need a tourney in the memory of Lily (Sweetiepie). She has been gone for so long that many of us fear the worst.

I sure fear the worst......and I sincerely hope that I am wrong and she found someone special and ran off into the sunset.....

I am not sure of another tourney though....but perhaps Andyson and friends memorial....or something like that.

Andyson was a friend to all and had no enemies...(well maybe some of the Mods lol) so we could all play for someone who is now missing from the game for varying reasons under that banner.

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Wed, Jul 5 2017 4:54 AM

Lily is missed, no doubt, she always brought a ray of sunshine to the forums. There are many whose absence has diminished the enjoyment of our time spent here. It would not be feasible to hold a tourney for each of them separately, so, as alanti suggests, perhaps take a moment while playing this tourney, in remembrance of those who no longer grace us with their presence.

Doc :)

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Wed, Jul 5 2017 6:59 AM

I agree Doc it's not feasible to have a tournament honoring everyone, and as Alan mentioned there are others who come to mind also.

Jeff

• pmm711
    5,516 Posts
    Wed, Jul 5 2017 8:15 AM

phred952:

I agree Doc it's not feasible to have a tournament honoring everyone, and as Alan mentioned there are others who come to mind also.

Jeff

Having a tournament honoring everyone is easier to do than honoring just one of our fallen.  There's not just one name on the Vietnam War Memorial.  To exclude anyone is so wrong in so many ways.  A yearly WGT Memorial Tourney is a much better idea and Andyson himself is probably nodding in agreement from above.

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Wed, Jul 5 2017 9:09 AM

pmm711:

phred952:

Jeff

Having a tournament honoring everyone is easier to do than honoring just one of our fallen.  There's not just one name on the Vietnam War Memorial.  To exclude anyone is so wrong in so many ways.  A yearly WGT Memorial Tourney is a much better idea and Andyson himself is probably nodding in agreement from above.

Have to agree, here.

We all know what happened with Andy.  We don't know what happened for sure with Lily or maybe even Lizzie.  So for it to be a WGT Memorial Tourney, might be a more apt name.  Trust me, not trying to take anything away from Andy here!.

Here's a good example, for the long time members here.  Would we hold a Memorial Tourney for Tibbets?  Probably not, as most all know he just walked away from the game, most know what happened.  Would he be at the top with todays equipment and balls.  I would have to say YES.  But still we know what happened.  

I am sure we all know of someone we miss from the forums or from the course, that we would like to remember.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, Jul 5 2017 1:22 PM

pmm711:

I know what you are saying, and to a degree I concur, but drive was to remember Andyson, who pulled the WGT community together more that anyone else and that is why I would still like his included in the title. Sure include others generically, but I would prefer a tournament primarily honoring his memory, and players can also think of other fallen WGT friends whilst playing this.

Personally I will be donating to the Springer Org again in his memory

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Thu, Jul 6 2017 6:21 AM

alanti:

I know what you are saying, and to a degree I concur, but drive was to remember Andyson, who pulled the WGT community together more that anyone else and that is why I would still like his included in the title. Sure include others generically, but I would prefer a tournament primarily honoring his memory, and players can also think of other fallen WGT friends whilst playing this.

Personally I will be donating to the Springer Org again in his memory

This expresses my feelings also.

RSS