Forums

Help › Forums

PLEASE Fix swing meter jerkiness

rated by 0 users
Sun, Oct 6 2019 1:52 AM (28 replies)
  • Bill19542
    169 Posts
    Fri, May 19 2017 4:09 AM

Just to play devils advocate, I play on Android and had the same jerky meter problems, up until about 2 months ago.

Since then the meter has been consistently smooth. I haven't changed anything at my end and I can't claim any credit for it, so if WGT did this, thank you, it has improved my enjoyment of the game tremendously

• BSJ62
    7 Posts
    Wed, May 24 2017 4:46 AM

Sorry ApexPC but it is not ZR1Tom's system.   Not only is the swing meter a problem but the graphics are jerking when the ball is in flight and also when putting.

This is an old problem with WGT which was rectified in 2015 but seems to have appeared again, perhaps due to the number of users on on the system.

If memory serves me well the problem was fixed last time by WGT doing something with the servers, you can tell I am not technical by my language, and the problem disappeared.

I know from my own work we have to service and maintain our servers at least once every 3 months or the system just become clogged and starts to run slow.

The only good thing about this situation is that I am saving money as only play a few holes to keep my number of days played active so no need to buy golf balls 

• joan56
    1 Posts
    Wed, May 24 2017 9:13 PM

Unplayable lately.  Never experienced this degree of uncontrollable jerkiness.  Have had to quite past five tries.

• bypass07
    1,360 Posts
    Wed, May 24 2017 11:36 PM

Maxthon 4.4.2000

Keep your computer clean and refresh every few rounds.

there was a post once about clearing Java I found helpfull immediately. I have searched for it here but can't find it since.

Find yourself a cleaning ritual and stick to it.

Lately I have found my laptop does not perform well until I refresh it.

Good luck !!

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Thu, May 25 2017 12:38 AM

BSJ62:

Sorry ApexPC but it is not ZR1Tom's system.

Yes it is, has nothing to do with servers...

It doesn't have to be your PC itself, it can be a firewall, A/V, but something isn't compatable with the game I absolutely guarantee you! I had a firewall causing problems once, another time it was the browser update and the new flash version didn't like each other...

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Thu, May 25 2017 6:42 AM

fatdan:

BSJ62:

It doesn't have to be your PC itself, it can be a firewall, A/V, but something isn't compatable with the game I absolutely guarantee you! I had a firewall causing problems once, another time it was the browser update and the new flash version didn't like each other...

+1 If the problem was on WGT`s end then we all would be affected by it . There have been times in the past when the game went south ( Flash Debacle ) and it almost shut the game down for everyone . Players came together and found a work around and thankfully nothing like that has happened again .

But whatever the problem its on the players end . Just played a 5 hole practice round and my meter was as smooth as ever . So they can try a new browser or uninstall and re install their browser of choice . Clean and clear their system and do the normal routine because its on their end .

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Thu, May 25 2017 12:04 PM

lonniescott711:

fatdan:

BSJ62:

+1 If the problem was on WGT`s end then we all would be affected by it . There have been times in the past when the game went south ( Flash Debacle ) and it almost shut the game down for everyone . Players came together and found a work around and thankfully nothing like that has happened again .

But whatever the problem its on the players end . Just played a 5 hole practice round and my meter was as smooth as ever . So they can try a new browser or uninstall and re install their browser of choice . Clean and clear their system and do the normal routine because its on their end .

flash update last week may be the culprit. As most of us know sometimes a new version of flash just doesn't work well with some browsers.

The only time I ever had a meter as bad as they are describing was caused by a video card that was beginning to fail. The next day my PC wouldn't boot up and there was lots of jumbled graphics on the screen, I disabled my Nvidia add on video card and booted my PC up and when I played my meter was back to normal. So there are many things that can cause a poor meter but almost none are caused by WGT.

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Thu, May 25 2017 12:15 PM

This may or may not work  .  I was having meter probs. like most you  you who posted    . Yesterday  a friend asked me  when was the last time i up dated my Skype . I told him  long long time ago . So he said up date it then get back to me . I did  since my meter been   just nice  no jerks  .Yet many said Skype has nothing to do with my meter  .............I stand corrected .

• DavStan
    255 Posts
    Thu, May 25 2017 4:20 PM

I don't totally agree with the meter being jerky always being on the players end, most of the time my meter is smooth, but I can play the qualifier for the US Open and by the sixth hole my meter is so unstable that there is no way to post a solid score, whether I'm using a level 7 Lethal or a level 81 Nike. If I play just a round at Erin Hills with friends my meter is good. I have a top notch gaming pc and I only play 2 games on it total, nothing extra installed nothing running in the background so I know its not my pc.

RSS