Help › Forums

The Virtaul Ketel One Open may

rated by 0 users
Mon, May 9 2011 12:56 AM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Bristoluk
    412 Posts
    Sun, May 8 2011 10:25 AM

I know that some brits and european players have played in this, but a lot of great players outside of the usa havent, reason why, because if anybody outside of the usa wins this they cannot claim the 1st prize,cause its for usa players only,

Come on WGT you have been going long enough to put this right, or have a tourny like this for players outside of the usa.

• pluer
    142 Posts
    Sun, May 8 2011 11:26 AM

maybe wgt thinks we cannot afford to buy a ticket to fly to US( 6 hours from dublin) - even the visas are cheaper than in egypt lol. :-(

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sun, May 8 2011 1:02 PM

I am sorry but I do not know the specific reason but please be assured, if there wasn't one, we wouldn't set the limit

-wgticon

• Bristoluk
    412 Posts
    Sun, May 8 2011 1:23 PM

WGTicon:

I am sorry but I do not know the specific reason but please be assured, if there wasn't one, we wouldn't set the limit

-wgticon

With all due respect WGTicon  thats a bit lame lol,people in WGT must know the reason.

• ryan4spurs
    828 Posts
    Sun, May 8 2011 1:26 PM

I would guess that the US residents only clause was inserted by the sponsor of the tourney because it would probably be them who would be giving out the prize.

• igiveup
    110 Posts
    Sun, May 8 2011 1:40 PM

With the greatest respect Bristol, are you going to beat the posted 51...? I was pleased with my 60, that put me in 146th place...

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Sun, May 8 2011 1:41 PM

Bristoluk:
    because if anybody outside of the usa wins this they cannot claim the 1st prize,cause its for usa players only,

Just think how we here in California USA feel?..;/

• ryan4spurs
    828 Posts
    Sun, May 8 2011 1:50 PM

igiveup:

With the greatest respect Bristol, are you going to beat the posted 51...? I was pleased with my 60, that put me in 146th place...

There is a new leader in the clubhouse with a 50 :)

• Bristoluk
    412 Posts
    Sun, May 8 2011 2:09 PM

igiveup:

thats nt the point lol if you won it say, you could nt claim the prize. thats my point. if Pluer wins it overall he cant claim the 1st prize, thats my point.

• ryan4spurs
    828 Posts
    Sun, May 8 2011 2:20 PM

Bristoluk:

igiveup:

thats nt the point lol if you won it say, you could nt claim the prize. thats my point. if Pluer wins it overall he cant claim the 1st prize, thats my point.

Well, the tourney at the moment is only a qualifier to get into the main tourney, but I do get your point about a non US resident or a resident of California not being able to claim the top prize.

• PAGES
RSS