Testing Clubs before purchase??

rated by 0 users
Sat, Oct 3 2009 1:10 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • eternalspirit
    255 Posts
    Tue, Sep 8 2009 7:07 AM

Hi All

i just recently uprgraded from Ping G10 pro set to Master tour prefered set and i have to say apart from distance they are worse!!. i wish i had now upgraded to Ping G10 Master set instead. the precision is not good at all for me.

what would be great is a practice hole before purchase to get a feel for the club.

• Budalacovyek
    6 Posts
    Tue, Sep 8 2009 3:06 PM

I like this idea!  I have hesitated to upgrade clubs as I am not the greatest player at this with the starter set.  If the club(s) I want to upgrade to hit worse for me, I would be wasting money to upgrade.  But if they hit longer without too much slice or hook, it would be well worth it.  Just would like to know before I buy.

• molideha
    213 Posts
    Wed, Sep 9 2009 4:33 AM

Budalacovyek: based on what you just said i can confidently recommend the Rapture V2 set...myself and my 2 buddies all upgraded from the starters to the raptures and we all immediately took on average 8 strokes off our 18 hole scores.

gl

• bullpin
    630 Posts
    Sat, Sep 12 2009 9:12 AM

Here's a helpful hint on finding the right clubs. If you don't like the clubs you just bought, head on over to your profile page. Click on the "equipment" tab. Underneath the display of your clubs, it says pro shop. There should be a button that says "sell equipment" there. Now, I've never done this before, so I'm not sure if you will get a full refund on your clubs or not. What I do know is that you can sell your clubs back to the pro shop, get some credits back, and try again to find your clubs. There's no need for a practice hole, now that you know you can sell the clubs if you don't like them. Hope that makes a difference. Good day and good golf for all!

• rustynipples
    199 Posts
    Sat, Sep 12 2009 9:32 AM

Hey bullpin, I think you only get 25% of what your clubs are worth, so that is pretty significant.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sat, Sep 12 2009 9:37 AM

Bullpin, you only get 25% of the credits you paid originally, which is pretty little. So, the test-before-you-buy option would still be very much welcome, along with other proposals related to this made throughout these forums by other users.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Sep 12 2009 11:25 AM

Search "club comparison" and look up the post by Nivlac. Everything you need to know right in front of you for every club set.

• eternalspirit
    255 Posts
    Mon, Sep 14 2009 6:30 AM

hi YankeeJim

i studied the club comparison chart before purchase and it is an excellent source and helps alot . as in my original post, i bought better clubs as it said in the comparison chart but because i changed the make of clubs the whole feel was different, i just dont play the same as i did which means i wasted $12/1200 credits on clubs i just cant use. had i practiced a hole with them i would have realised i dont like them and to stick with the brand i was used to.

i undertand this is a business for WGT more than it is just a great game but to be honest, if i knew i could practice a hole before buying i wouldnt hesitate in purchasing clubs. i think people dont want to commit to buying clubs because they are still unsure what they will need to improve their game.

i think a practice before purchase would encourage others to buy

• stevengarcia
    15 Posts
    Fri, Oct 2 2009 10:46 PM

In real life you can practice with clubs before you buy them, why can't that happen here?  It is simple...you have 3 days (or 5 or whatever) to return your clubs if you don't like them.  You can only play practice rounds, no tournaments or ranked rounds.

• Zagie
    26 Posts
    Sat, Oct 3 2009 1:27 AM

I agree..The only reason i havent upgraded is fear of what some have said, it would be worse then i have now(which isnt to great)..

• PAGES
RSS