Help › Forums

The Royal Wedding

rated by 0 users
Tue, May 3 2011 7:23 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Apr 30 2011 7:00 AM

Given the hoopla over England's exciting event and that there are a lot of Brits playing here, I'd like to hear what they think of it. More particular, in all the coverage I've seen in the national news and local paper, Prince Charles and Camilla were conspicuously absent. I saw one picture of PC kissing his mother's hand and his head was bowed-no face shots.

I only saw what made the news and thought it curious that a parent wasn't front and centered for their son's wedding. What's up with that? Is Prince Charles persona non grata these days?

• nickuk
    967 Posts
    Sat, Apr 30 2011 8:11 AM

they both attended YJ...both at the wedding and on the balcony.(camilla only has a face for radio)

though im not a royalist, twas a great spectacle!

(and she is a babe)

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Sat, Apr 30 2011 5:04 PM

I didn't watch any of it. Not because I am anti monarchy, just because I have no interest in watching people I have no connection with getting married. I wish them all the best though, not that they need them......

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Apr 30 2011 6:11 PM

Yo Jim

Had to watch it down here in Australia, most of the channels had it on... My youngest daughter hid the remote control....lol

Actually it wasnt' bad.. What I can gather is Prince Charles and Camilla is not very popular at the moment...I think this is because of Lady Di... They showed more of the brides Family than the Royal Family...I think that is tradition with them Royals (no offence).

The now Princess Kate (the Bride) had to lose alot of weight for the wedding...looked way too thin, but still looked really nice.

Her younger sister Pippa (bridesmaid)... looked really good and just about stole the show I think...lol.

There is one thing.... Fantastic Security... In this modern day of misery if you know what I mean....It was really good to watch a big wedding like this :)

Cheers

Roger

• Sanco
    1,345 Posts
    Sat, Apr 30 2011 7:11 PM

Yes Mantis, Pippa is a sight for sore eyes.

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Sat, Apr 30 2011 9:32 PM

good luck to them...but i'm not into royalty.

i wouldn't swap places with them either....i like my Anonymity.

tbe

• kev772
    25 Posts
    Sun, May 1 2011 12:02 PM

just a pity  it takes a royal wedding to see the union  jack  flying everywhere as it should be

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, May 1 2011 12:26 PM

Born and raised in America, I guess I just don't get the royalty thing. I mean, if you're King or Queen aren't you the boss? Who's money is paying for all of this? Are your taxes involved? Do you have a say?

My country evolved from your country so I can see a parallel in the governments. Where does royalty fit?

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sun, May 1 2011 1:02 PM

We just keep them as puppets so the Yanks can visit them and spend lots of dollars.

• Boomerboy44
    1,514 Posts
    Sun, May 1 2011 1:18 PM

My wife dragged my sorry butt out of bed to watch THE ROYAL WEDDING. I'll say one thing the Brits sure know how to put on a GREAT show. 

• PAGES
RSS