rated by 0 users
Thu, Sep 24 2009 6:28 AM (25 replies)
  • Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Thu, Sep 3 2009 7:08 PM

nivlac:

#3 isn't a tip

LMAO

I don't care if you shoot better than me....that is pretty much everybody in my tier ( an d above). I have seen what happens to sites when you let the cheaters and hacks get in.

• GreenHits
    84 Posts
    Thu, Sep 3 2009 7:37 PM

ThunderBoltz:

U guys are way to uptight about accounts.. Why are u always trying to terminate players that are shooting lower than u are..

ThunderBoltz.  

Integrity can't be taught. You either have it or you don't  In terms you might can understand. 

You Don't Got

• salamii
    1,058 Posts
    Thu, Sep 3 2009 7:41 PM

what do you expect from a    KOOOONT

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Sep 3 2009 8:02 PM

There once was this man McSweeny, who spilled some Gin on his weenie, just to be couth he added Vermouth and slipped his girlfriend a Martini

• TheSpaghettiKid
    424 Posts
    Thu, Sep 3 2009 9:02 PM

im not tooting my own horn but i made it from hack to pro in 3 days.  it's not impossible.

Klavír

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Sep 3 2009 9:30 PM

Yes, we have seen a great many "jonny come lately" players of the type discussed here. We are yet to have a "jonny come lately" achieve the level of play enjoyed by Mr. Tibbets, Mr. A. Lee or Mr. Thunderbird in a few days, months, etc.. Until that takes place, everything else is just conversation.

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Fri, Sep 4 2009 7:15 AM

This post by Thunderboltz is one of the most ludicrous posts I have read in the forum.  Lowering your scoring average by playing courses that you perceive as easy will only hurt you in the long run. 

I too had a very quick ascent (Master in a month) by playing several hours a day as I recover from knee surgery, but did so by playing all the courses and honing my skills as a virtual golfer.  I never had the goal of lowering my average just for the sake of appearances as I realized that I would get my teeth kicked in by the Masters unless my average was a true representation of my skill.  Playing all the courses, reporting all of your scores, and competing in your tier tournaments is the only way to ensure you will be competitve when you advance to a higher tier.  I am now very competitive on the Master circuit with top 10s and 5s in most tournaments in less than 2 months competing on WGT.  Until you can play all the courses, and play them well, you would probably get more enjoyment from the game in a tier that you can be competitive in, unless of course your ego dictates that you attain a "low scoring average".

sweetiepie:
    We are yet to have a "jonny come lately" achieve the level of play enjoyed by Mr. Tibbets, Mr. A. Lee or Mr. Thunderbird in a few days, months, etc.. Until that takes place, everything else is just conversation.

You have now!  :-)  I may not be quite on their level yet, but I'm usually within a stroke or two on the leaderboard.  Yes, this is a bit of self-promoting rhetoric, but also presented with a certain level of sarcasm and humor.

• molideha
    213 Posts
    Sat, Sep 5 2009 8:22 AM

It's not that hard to come up to speed quickly on this game....I've been playing a little over a week and would be in the master tier if i could stop pulling my putts.

I played Links for nearly a decade as one of the top pro level players...I created and managed JoeDude's ladder in 1997...no player on cases ladder would willingly play me on windy/hard/fast.

Once i made a reasonable adjustment for playing bad lies on WGT, i was able to post respectable scores here, stroke and CTTH alike....Tee to green, when kept in the fairway, this game is no different from Links with the exception Links made you factor in your lie.

so please, before jumping to conclusions about multi account players, please consider that some of us come with years of shot reading skills.

enjoy.

• acca
    78 Posts
    Sun, Sep 6 2009 3:12 PM

should of added ( quit evry game that is below avarage so it dosent count towards your score ) we all now the short cuts ,  but then again i dont wanna be known as a quiter just because i had a bad round , i do agree that making a new account is just like cheating , and sandbagging as they call it . ill also agree on the ping clubs , and also the ping putter , i upgradded and it just makes it more enjoyable with the pings. also more room for the odd mistake in theese clubs .  bottom line is DONT MAKE 2 AACOUNTS ITS NOT FAIR..... keep it honest people and enjoy your golf .

• Jayhigh
    1 Posts
    Sun, Sep 20 2009 8:01 AM

If you play this game for 7 hours a day you should have your account terminated.

RSS