Forums

Help › Forums

Black Diamond GC vs. Craven Dale CC inter-club match

rated by 0 users
Sat, Apr 1 2017 6:55 PM (50 replies)
  • varteaga
    603 Posts
    Tue, Mar 28 2017 6:26 PM

Glthomson just won 3 up.I had 2 nice 24ft birdies but Gary's putter was too much for me to overcome.

• JMHacker
    303 Posts
    Tue, Mar 28 2017 6:32 PM

Just finished my match with TRoberts9195.  A 5 & 3 win for the Black Diamond column, although the match was far closer as we pretty much traded holes after the 5th and both dialed in some nice shots down the back nine after fighting meters for the first few holes after the turn.

Enjoyed the round and hope we'll have a future interclub match.  Thanks to both captains for putting this together,

JMHacker (Jordan)

• PDorland
    2,805 Posts
    Tue, Mar 28 2017 7:45 PM

Just had a fun match with tex0213 (Nick).. Good fella and a fine player.. Tight match through out and I was fortunate to pull away late 4 up.. Thanks for the match Nick and the good company..

Cheers!

Phil

• TRoberts9195
    11 Posts
    Tue, Mar 28 2017 8:43 PM

Played JMhacker in match game, he was to good. He got 5up on my on the 14th hole to win the game. Great game JMhacher!!!!  I would like a rematch day. Have a good week.

TRoberts9195

• 53willow
    454 Posts
    Wed, Mar 29 2017 5:48 PM

I just finished my match with WITFORDMIKE and we had a great match and a great time. He had to play on an old laptop but still managed some very good shots, but in the end I won 6 Up. We will have a rematch at some point when Mike has better equipment available! Thanks so much Mike, I appreciated it very very much!

Warren

• jacktrade51
    10,909 Posts
    Wed, Mar 29 2017 7:44 PM

Intra-club match is winding down. I know all the players in my club loved playing with your guys.  Hope some of those friendships last.  I know mine have from other inter-club matches.  Great effort Craven Dale.

Everybody on both teams was great setting matches up.  0 problems.  Made life easy for Mike and me.

There are 1 or 2 outstanding regular matches.  Play them out because it is fun.  (On the missing 9 on the mobile match, I would suggest bag it.)

I could tell, being involved in setting up pairings, we were slightly stronger team on paper and that held.  We were in one where we were much weaker, and losing by 2 felt like a victory.

I have to scroll back to be exact on this, but I also think BD was 3-1 on matches that went to 18 or OT (includes mine), and there the winner is just a little luckier.

It's been fun, and great dealing with Mike setting this up.

Tom.

• dave14330
    245 Posts
    Wed, Mar 29 2017 7:45 PM

OSHEA86 won 7 up over dave14330  Great game for Dave as for me very bad lol. sorry guys

• FATTY501
    9,445 Posts
    Sat, Apr 1 2017 7:42 AM

HI TOM and all at Black Diamond

My players have all left really good reports about their matches, many members commenting new friendships made.

I am sure Mike will be along later to leave his 4 pennorth, but I just wanted to say Huge Congratulations to you and your team

Sue

• wtiger22
    1,027 Posts
    Sat, Apr 1 2017 9:08 AM

Once again

Huge thanks to Tom for his hard work in arranging this event.

You can be immensely proud of the way that your guys have represented your club during this event. Everything has been easy and has run smoothly.

All of our players have really enjoyed the experience and the whole event has been a success.

well done to all at Black Diamond - perhaps we could look to make this an annual fixture?....in which case, next year could be our time for revenge :))

cheers Tom and all at Black Diamond and thanks from all at Craven Dale

• jacktrade51
    10,909 Posts
    Sat, Apr 1 2017 1:25 PM

Thank you 2 very much for the kinds words.  As I said above, our players had nothing but nice things to say about Craven Dale, and I know I enjoyed working with Mike. 

Tom.

RSS