Forums

Help › Forums

Quitters

rated by 0 users
Tue, Apr 26 2011 7:34 AM (4 replies)
  • Cleworthy
    3,466 Posts
    Mon, Apr 25 2011 1:14 PM

After three successive games with a quitter involved,  I did a search on this subject and do you know there were 214 PAGES of postings.  Wow.  There are many types of quitters - 1) bails after one poor shot, 2) takes a powder after a bad hole, 3) just disappears and never hits his shot, 4) quits on the last hole for a net 1, 5) someone who actually has to leave and says so nicely.  Are there others??  This problem is epidemic in WGT land.

How about the people who stay in a game after someone quits split the quitter's points?  It would make me feel better about it.  I would say goodbye with a song in my heart instead of a "what the...??"  What do you think?

• gregoman
    3 Posts
    Mon, Apr 25 2011 1:49 PM

Seems to be the story in todays world. No one can admit to making a mistake or they just bail waiting for someone else to take responsibility. Don't knoe if it will ever change.

• Sanco
    1,345 Posts
    Mon, Apr 25 2011 10:41 PM

I admit to have quit once. I don't smoke any longer after 4 years. At WGT I am proud of finishing all my games ... that is why I am a sucking TM still, lol

• EdwardRo
    191 Posts
    Tue, Apr 26 2011 4:57 AM

i started out with a bad round the other day on st andys number 2, was 4 putting and took my driver out to knock the ball in since i  had done putted 4 times and soon as i went to hit the ball my electric went out, lmao have no ideal if i missed the putt, living in oklahoma during tornado season power goes out quit often, i know to the group i was playing im sure they thought i had quit the game on them but it wasnt my fault, was the first time this has happen during a WGT golf round, and the timeing was awfull, i never quit a round because of bad score, most can look at my profile and see that i have some +2 to +6 rounds, i have had players to leave a game sudenly but its no biggie, crap happens, its an internet game, anything can happen, i just over look the quitters its there choice, gl all

• Cleworthy
    3,466 Posts
    Tue, Apr 26 2011 7:34 AM

I really don't get that cheesed off when someone quits.  I figure the one's that just disappear for no apparent reason are due to internet type problems.  The one's that quit because of one bad shot or a bad hole I don't understand.  Personally, when I have a bad shot or hole, I take it as a challenge to see if I can get the strokes back.   Suck it up people!

How about a "WGT code of conduct" for new players joining?.  i.e.  No swearing or verbal abuse; finish multiplayer rounds if at all possible; etc.

I know, it would have no effect whatsoever.

RSS