Forums

Help › Forums

Post Your Best Replays Here!

Tue, Jan 23 2024 6:21 PM (3,474 replies)
  • DuFussMcGoo
    2,867 Posts
    Mon, Jan 1 2024 4:41 PM

SamSpayed:
    I believe those odds are for a double eagle (albatross) in real-life golf, not WGT golf.

That's right, Sam. 

Looking at my own stats, I've played over 10,000 ranked rounds and have 45 albatross shots. (3 were HOI on par 4's!)

Checking other poster's stats, I saw they did not have any, even though they were high tier players. This could lead them to believe that the real-life stats were true.

I apologize to the poster for my comment. If I thought it through, I could have been less severe.

Happy New Year to all.

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,867 Posts
    Mon, Jan 1 2024 4:45 PM

SoCalJim23:
    Though I personally believe that the odds are lower here on WGT golf as we are not physically hitting a golf ball. Still, BOTH of those shots are very difficult to hit even here on WGT.

Happy New Year Jim!

Yes, what you said is true. Your own stats show many double-eagles compared to the number of rounds played.

• SoCalJim23
    420 Posts
    Fri, Jan 5 2024 10:43 PM

Thank You very much "DufussMcGoo" for your kind New Year's Wishes...much appreciated.

I also would like to wish You and your entire Family....a Very Happy New Year in 2024 & much success here on WGT.

Best Regards,

Jim (SoCalJim23)

• MioKontic
    4,591 Posts
    Sun, Jan 21 2024 12:14 AM

DuFussMcGoo:
    Your own stats show many double-eagles compared to the number of rounds played.

That may be true, but another stat that WGT don't show is the number of rounds started but not completed, and I bet that number is very high compared to the number of rounds played, i.e. finished and therefore recorded as played.

It's very similar to those who 'regularly' score 52, 51, 50, or even less - many will have restarted many times before they get the right winds to be able to get the correct scores early on.  I've even seen a video of someone restarting before even hitting his first tee shot because it was into wind and therefore highly unlikely to make a birdie or possible eagle had it been downwind.

• DuFussMcGoo
    2,867 Posts
    Tue, Jan 23 2024 6:21 PM

MioKontic:
    It's very similar to those who 'regularly' score 52, 51, 50, or even less - many will have restarted many times before they get the right winds

Very true, but the play is only on 9 holes, which WGT kindly doubles to 18 holes. It's easy to score a 24 or less with "APPAREL", short tees, low winds, and easy greens on some back 9 courses (front 9 on St Andrews). A "23" on one of these courses (Wolf and Bethpage Black) turns into a "46" or "48" to REALLY lower your average.

The players you mentioned will play 9 holes because they may have some average holes on the last 9.

RSS