Forums

Help › Forums

this game lacks a lot!!!

Mon, Dec 7 2009 9:25 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • boowho13
    2 Posts
    Thu, Dec 4 2008 9:01 PM

this game would be great if a few of the following were looked at and improved, putting is the worse thing about this game very inconsistant, no in between hashes to let you know when i have a 15 foot putt with the 30 foot putter and its level, i go exactly halfway and either am 5 foot pass or short? whats with that, other than that the game would be a lot more fun to play, another issue when im in the sand 15 yards off the green i want to land 10 yards and let it run up to the cup, cant do that it just hacks at the sand and ball goes no where even on a perfect swing, so the other option to hit out of the sand is to hit a full sand wedge???? i can see hitting a full shot when im 50 yards off but a little pitch/flop should get you outta the sand. judging uphill and downhill aproach shots is a joke, i play tiger woods every day and in that game, uphill you have to take more club downhill you lay off, in this game its hit or miss the ball goes wherever, you have a good concept going with this game but it lacks so many things, courses, different clubs, different balls or equipment, i mean you have 2 options play stroke play and get screwed or play skill challenge on 2 9 hole courses? i like this game a lot but it could be way better, my rating is a 3 outta 10 if there is anyone out there listening!!

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Thu, Dec 4 2008 9:09 PM

boowho13:
    ...i play tiger woods every day...

And thus are disqualified from being able to make an adequate comparison. 

It's nothing against you, but Tiger Woods has never exactly been the pinnacle of golf realism. Tiger's a good game, but most of us who play real golf are turned off by 400 yard drives, mid-flight spin control and a way-to-forgiving swing control system.   This game offers the simulation realism that other games don't.

Also, it's a beta.  In other words, an incomplete and unfinished test version.

• boowho13
    2 Posts
    Thu, Dec 4 2008 9:33 PM

i understand and i didnt post this to make anyone mad, i was just stating things i thought would make the game better, its hands down a tough game to play and i know tiger woods is a little unreal at times,considering i have shot a 40 at st andrews through 18 holes, lol, but i think that they could get some tips off that game to make this is a little more enjoyable to play.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Thu, Dec 4 2008 10:10 PM

I think next year's gonna be a big year for the WGT.  We should be seeing lots of new stuff, new courses, new features and plenty of fixes from things that are broken now. 

I think having the chance to play and watch the game while it develops is a unique opportunity for us all. Most companies do closed betas or they simply hire people to test the game for them.  The game does have a few issues as it stands now, but that's understandable at this stage in the development.  The important thing is the foundation of the game is solid and the potential for the future is remarkable.  Once we start seeing these changes over time, I think we'll all be pretty pleased with how it turns out in the long run.

• Fuzzygazz
    1,469 Posts
    Fri, Dec 5 2008 1:14 PM

Hi Boo, You are right on those 2 points about putting and sand trap. Tiger is ok but you will see this is a lot harder but challenging and fair. Like Niv posted they are still in beta. Welcome to the site.                       fuzzygazz

• Costain
    28 Posts
    Fri, Dec 5 2008 9:51 PM

Adapt to the game. It's more realistic in some main areas in that you cant change your spin in the air. You can't know exactly where your ball is going everytime, and you cant shoot a 52 on an 18 hole course. Like everyone has said it is beta, and it's hard to make things perfect. Putting is off a little, but you just have to get used to where they tend to roll most often on certain putts. Out of the sand is aggravating because it either sticks you on the lip so you cant move it, or you are close to the green and want to pitch it. But you have to hit a full shot most of the time on a green side bunker at leas to my knowledge. In a few months there are going to be tremendous breakthroughs here, and it'll be better for everyone.

• KillerRabbit
    31 Posts
    Sun, Dec 7 2008 6:57 AM

Guys lighten up,  the game is still in develoment

• coolbluedavid
    34 Posts
    Sun, Dec 7 2008 2:44 PM

keep sending in what wrong and what is right with the game.it's the only way to make it better..

• AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Mon, Dec 7 2009 3:09 PM

boowho13:

this game would be great if a few of the following were looked at and improved, putting is the worse thing about this game very inconsistant, no in between hashes to let you know when i have a 15 foot putt with the 30 foot putter and its level, i go exactly halfway and either am 5 foot pass or short? whats with that, other than that the game would be a lot more fun to play, another issue when im in the sand 15 yards off the green i want to land 10 yards and let it run up to the cup, cant do that it just hacks at the sand and ball goes no where even on a perfect swing, so the other option to hit out of the sand is to hit a full sand wedge???? i can see hitting a full shot when im 50 yards off but a little pitch/flop should get you outta the sand. judging uphill and downhill aproach shots is a joke, i play tiger woods every day and in that game, uphill you have to take more club downhill you lay off, in this game its hit or miss the ball goes wherever, you have a good concept going with this game but it lacks so many things, courses, different clubs, different balls or equipment, i mean you have 2 options play stroke play and get screwed or play skill challenge on 2 9 hole courses? i like this game a lot but it could be way better, my rating is a 3 outta 10 if there is anyone out there listening!!

You really need more than 4 days to understand how to play this game. But you're shooting par on Kiawah so you must not be having too many problems. I can do all the things you say can't be done, and most everyone on here can also.

But it took many rounds, and lots of bad shots, to figure out how to hit the proper shot. And still we miss now and then. Just like real golf.

Flintstone golf, I mean TW2 golf is not the same game. Elin swings a mean 3 iron though.

• gaoerfuqiu
    443 Posts
    Mon, Dec 7 2009 3:35 PM

Hold on there, Cowboy ... digging up a thread exactly one year after it was shelved to the day?! You must really have had something to say about this man's rant ... and I think that by now he's had more than four days to learn how to play this game lmao

• PAGES
RSS