Forums

Help › Forums

Masters tier

Wed, Apr 20 2011 8:57 AM (4 replies)
  • Draklems
    224 Posts
    Wed, Apr 20 2011 8:15 AM

I'm get'n a little nervous because I'm not ready for the masters level, both in clubs and meter control. I'm not going to sandbag, but I am curious about the tier change. I know tier changes are based on things other than just average, but is it safe to say that my tier will change when I get a 63 average or lower? Or can it come sooner than a 63 average?

Any tips advice is appreciated and thanks :)

• Mosales
    52 Posts
    Wed, Apr 20 2011 8:33 AM

Draklems:

I'm get'n a little nervous because I'm not ready for the masters level, both in clubs and meter control. I'm not going to sandbag, but I am curious about the tier change. I know tier changes are based on things other than just average, but is it safe to say that my tier will change when I get a 63 average or lower? Or can it come sooner than a 63 average?

Any tips advice is appreciated and thanks :)

You will turn Master when your average gets to 67 (I think). The change is managable. Greens do not change from TP (very fast). You can do practice rounds from the Master tees and determine if you need to upgrade clubs.

Mosales

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Apr 20 2011 8:41 AM

Draklems:
    I'm get'n a little nervous because I'm not ready for the masters level, both in clubs and meter control

You certainly are! Your clubs will take you all the way to the Legend tier if you want. Don't worry about it, just post the rounds and you'll wind up where you should be. Work your way to Big Boy Golf.  :-)

• Draklems
    224 Posts
    Wed, Apr 20 2011 8:53 AM

Mosales:
     You will turn Master when your average gets to 67 (I think). The change is managable. Greens do not change from TP (very fast). You can do practice rounds from the Master tees and determine if you need to upgrade clubs.

Mosales

Thanks for the info, good to know about the VF greens not changing. I thought though, that the meter speeds went up for each tier. Am I mistaken?

• Mosales
    52 Posts
    Wed, Apr 20 2011 8:57 AM

Draklems:

Mosales:

Mosales

Thanks for the info, good to know about the VF greens not changing. I thought though, that the meter speeds went up for each tier. Am I mistaken?

Meter speed is determined by clubs and balls it does not change. Just remember Hit'em straight

RSS