Help › Forums

My Meter

rated by 0 users
Sat, Dec 31 2016 8:42 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • toneyb1
    4 Posts
    Sat, Dec 3 2016 8:13 AM

My meter is spoiling my games lately. when I tell the players I'm playing with they laugh and think I'm making excuses.

Can anyone help at assist? what can I do to improve y meter ?

Toneyb1

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sat, Dec 3 2016 8:37 AM
  • lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Sat, Dec 3 2016 8:43 AM

toneyb1:

My meter is spoiling my games lately. when I tell the players I'm playing with they laugh and think I'm making excuses.

Toneyb1

Try a different browser . Maxthon Cloud 4.9 browser works very well for many players  .But its all hit and miss . What may work well for others may not work well for you but you wont know until you try .

There are many browsers to try and finding the one thats best for you depending on your sytems compatability is what you need to find . Google best browsers for windows and just go through the list until you find what makes you happy . Good luck and hope this helps .

• toneyb1
    4 Posts
    Sat, Dec 3 2016 8:59 AM

Ok thanks Will try

Toney

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Sun, Dec 4 2016 7:36 PM

toneyb1:

Here is the list of applications that load when I start my computer:

• CCleaner
    • HydraDM (for my video card)
    • McAfee Security Scanner.

Nothing else. I want a minimum of stuff  running in the background when I'm playing WGT. 

When I am going to play WGT I clear all the browser caches I can. I use the Chrome browser. Actually, I clear all my browser caches several times a day in additon to just before I'm going to play WGT.

List of browser caches I clear;

• Browsing History
    • Download History
    • Cookies and other site and plug-in data
    • Cached images and files
    • Passwords
    • Autofil Form Data
    • Hosted App Data
    • Media Licenses

Flash Player Settings Manager

• Global Privacy - Camera and Microphone - Always Deny
    • Global Storage - 100 kb, Allow 3rd party content, Store common Flash components
    • Global Security - Always ask
    • Web Site Privacy - Delete All Sites (including WGTMedia)
    • Web Site Storage - should be empty using above settings, If not - Delete All Sites.
    • Peer Assisted Networking - Should be empty

Next I clear my system caches. I use CCleaner to do that. Every few days I also use CCleaner to clean my computer's Registry. in fact, I have CCleaner configured to run every time I close Chrome.

Once CCleaner has cleared my system caches, I close (exit) CCleane so it won't run while I'm playing WGT. (I re-start CCleaner once I done with WGT.

Next I open Task Manager, set it to Performance, and minimize it to my task bar. I use Task Manager to monitor my CPU's performance level as I wait at the top of my swing. When I see the CPU performance level drop I let the down swing start. It just takes a few seconds - say a 3 count - 1001, 1002, 1003.

I then only open the WGT game client page - no other tabs should be open.

On the game client first page I log in, then in the upper left click on Game Settings.

I make sure every Game Setting is set to No or Off, except, I leave On:

• Aerial multi-Cam
    • Aim Arc
    • Ball Trails (Replay)

If during play I see my CPU's performance level is high, the first thing I check (Show hidden Icons arrow at the right end of the task bar) is to see if my anti-virus is updating. If it is I stop/disable it.

Make sure the inside of your computer is clean so your CPU and power supply aren't running hot.

Be careful what power management options you choose.

That you don't use punctuation or spell check when you type a post here in the forums does not bode well for your being thorough enough to manage/maintain your computer well enough to have a consistently smooth meter, let alone pay sufficient attention to detail to play World Golf Tour games well.

Heck. You didn't post in the appropriate forum (Community Help) either.

• PhilEStein
    1,269 Posts
    Sun, Dec 4 2016 10:44 PM

And once you've done all of that, it'll be time to go to bed and you'll have no time to play the game.

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Sun, Dec 4 2016 11:14 PM

The aim arc is the only thing that causes me to have stutters. And Even that only causes stutters when it stays on during the shot. There are a few holes where it stays on during the shot so I turn it off on those holes.

A lot of what Apex recommends can be done by simply installing something like Game Booster or G boost

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Mon, Dec 5 2016 6:17 AM

ApexPC:
    HydraDM (for my video card)

What is it?

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Mon, Dec 5 2016 7:41 AM

PhilEStein:

And once you've done all of that, it'll be time to go to bed and you'll have no time to play the game.

Actually, it doesn't take very much time once your computer is properly configured and maintained.

• sawmillmoe
    540 Posts
    Mon, Dec 5 2016 4:49 PM

lol    

• PAGES
RSS