Forums

Help › Forums

CLOCK

rated by 0 users
Tue, Sep 8 2009 5:23 PM (3 replies)
  • plim
    1,388 Posts
    Mon, Aug 24 2009 6:01 AM

WGT could we please have a clock on everyones profile page indicating their local time or time zone. this would help when arranging games with friends or people playing in community comps.

plim

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Mon, Aug 24 2009 6:38 AM

A workaround for this is to use any number of the free clocks available on the 'net, and paste the HTML code they provide into a blog entry.  This can be done by opening a new blog entry, pressing the HTML button, and pasting the code into the text box.  If all goes well, you'll end up a clock on your homepage.  Not quite what you had in mind, but it'll work for the time being for those who choose to use it.

• scoresby
    158 Posts
    Tue, Sep 8 2009 2:12 PM

Admin:  I tried Tibbets suggestion with a couple of clocks, one of which was a flash embed type.  Tried using Firefox and IE.

All worked fine in the blog editing box, but they apparently were filtered out in the posting process where all that showed was the code.

As OP suggested, a clock on everyone's profile would be a helpful addition.

Also, it would be nice if it were a world clock.  Or just UTC.

Thanks,

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Tue, Sep 8 2009 5:23 PM

The trouble with blog posts is also that as you add new ones, the older ones get pushed down the page, so any clock included in a blog post might soon get lost among other texts.

It's too bad this site doesn't allow users from around the world to set up their time-zones for use within their accounts. Whenever I look at my private messages received, or Wall posts, or whenever I read forum posts, I need to mentally add 9 hours to the Californian time displayed everywhere. It's not a big deal, but it's not user-friendly either.

RSS