Forums

Help › Forums

Playing

rated by 0 users
Thu, Oct 27 2016 4:42 PM (9 replies)
  • CINDYLEEP
    23 Posts
    Tue, Oct 25 2016 7:10 PM

I would like to know why WGT is unable to get me connected to my iPad or smart Phone,I use to play all the time every night in fact on my iPads then it gradually it started not connecting until now I'm lucky if I can connect once a week, I brought the iPad back to Verizon where I bought it an they where unable to fine a problem with the ipad, they said it was the game, I wish somebody could fix the problem.HELP.

• PhilEStein
    1,269 Posts
    Wed, Oct 26 2016 11:57 AM

Hello Cindy,

Sorry to hear about your [problems but if I may suggest your best  course  of action is to use the Contact Us icon at the bottom of the page and pop a message to Customer Service explaining your issues or just c&p your post above.

Despite what some of the more cretinous members might suggest, they can and are very helpful.

Atb

Phil

• CINDYLEEP
    23 Posts
    Wed, Oct 26 2016 12:41 PM

WELL PHIL I DID THAT I'VE BEEN WORKING WITH CUSTOMER SUPPORT NOW FOR ABOUT 6 MONTHS OR LONGER AN THEY HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO FIX THE PROBLEM, I'VE SENT THEM A SNAP SHOT OF THE SCREEN MORE THEN ONCE, I TOLD THEM THAT I HAVE VERIZON HIGH SPEED INTERNET, EVEN MY SMART PHONE THAT I USE TO PLAY THE GAME ON DON'T WORK WITH WGT ANY MORE EITHIER, SO MY IPAD DON'T WORK WITH WGT NOR DOES MY SMART PHONE. AN IT'S NOT JUST AT MY HOUSE, EVEN IF I GO SOMEPLACE ELSE THEY WON'T WORK. ONCE IN A WHILE MAYBE ONCE OR TWICE A WEEK THEY MIGHT WORK. GO FIGURE THAT OUT.

• alosso
    21,039 Posts
    Wed, Oct 26 2016 12:54 PM

ROTFL!

Maybe those cretinous (new word BTW) members were correct to some extent - no helpful answers...

I 4 1 can state that I never, NEVER! received any useful answer from CS. I was glad to receive some help from the mods but that has been a while ago...

• lonniescott711
    4,183 Posts
    Wed, Oct 26 2016 1:04 PM

What are you using to connect through on your phone or ipad? Are you trying to connect through an app or a direct link ? What kind of ipad and phone are you using ?

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Wed, Oct 26 2016 3:12 PM

@cindyleep

I play all the time on my iPad. Have never had a connection problem. I assume you've tried deleting the app, reinstalling it, and signing in again, yes? 

By the way, when you use all caps to write a post, it has the effect of shouting at people. I don't think you want to shout at people. 

• CINDYLEEP
    23 Posts
    Thu, Oct 27 2016 3:16 PM

yes I have tried deleting the app an then reinstalling it, an as far as writing in all caps it just a habit, an that is the least of my problems, I'm using the WGT app that I down loaded a few years ago and never had a problem until the pass year or so, now it worked last night with no problem , I came home to night and it don't work, go figure.

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Thu, Oct 27 2016 4:42 PM

Just a thought as I play on a desktop.

Are you actually connecting straight to verizon, or are you using a home wifi router at home to connect, or using hotspots.  If that answer is yes you might try rebooting your router.  Also you might reconnect to internet or wifi on your device.

Also, is it only this game your are having problems with, if that answer is no, see above.

I know at times I might have to reboot either my cable modem or router, or both due to slowness, on either download or upload side.

But then again, I don't use the wifi of my router for the computers, hard wired, wifi is only for my wife's kindle.  And maybe for future smart phones.  Don't need them now, we wanted cell phones for phones.  Us old farts are like that.

RSS