All balls putt the same, I believe.

• fitzroy1965
    337 Posts
    Sun, Oct 16 2016 10:16 AM

yeppers....Roger that.....

• borntobesting
    9,625 Posts
    Sun, Oct 16 2016 11:31 AM

The only difference in putting with the rock some better balls is meter speed. But  a few of the WGT balls like the BE-S And Bx-D have the same 0 meter speed as the rock.

• txzdave
    1,316 Posts
    Sun, Oct 16 2016 11:11 PM

AC/DC apparently has the ones that bounce to the left and to the right.

Those might be the ones you like best......I do not recommend those. It was quite the promotional long shot, though.

Very unpredicktable if you ask me. The balls I like best are the biggest balls of them all.

My advice is horrid. I spend too much money here to get my wrist slapped..........Maybe......I ball my eyes out if I do. Still my guitar weeps. Gently.

Are there only those of us that are us?

I'm fretless nonetheless.

~txzdaverambleonerific~

• txzdave
    1,316 Posts
    Sun, Oct 16 2016 11:27 PM

If you play golf.........Play an 18 hole round here at least every day to learn how these Cats want you to play their courses.

Kick math to the side and play by feel until you feel like you feel like you need to. Then you are addicted to what you want to feel.

Shoot a 65 from the tips at Oakmont and you have made it.

Get those hard ones and the easy ones get harder. I don't make sense to anyone and ain't gonna start now. Trust me.

~txzdave~

have fun slingin'......bottom line!

• Robbo81303
    410 Posts
    Mon, Oct 17 2016 2:52 AM

PaulTon:

Uh, no.

To prove my point, pick any 30 foot putt that's at least 20 inches uphill.  Putt it with any Nike ball, then hit it the same intensity with any WGT ball.  The Nike will roll 3-4 feet longer.

Unless, of course, your game plays differently than mine.  Which I also maintain is likely the case.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Mon, Oct 17 2016 8:42 AM

txzdave:
       Still my guitar weeps. Gently...have fun slingin'......bottom line!

Sling-a-long with this -

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Mon, Oct 17 2016 9:47 AM

Robbo81303:

PaulTon:

Uh, no.

To prove my point, pick any 30 foot putt that's at least 20 inches uphill.  Putt it with any Nike ball, then hit it the same intensity with any WGT ball.  The Nike will roll 3-4 feet longer.

Unless, of course, your game plays differently than mine.  Which I also maintain is likely the case.

Does anyone have a video replay or demonstration of this effect?

It would be interesting because this would blow the long held consensus out of the water.

It has always been stated that (besides meter speed) all balls are equal on the putts.

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Mon, Oct 17 2016 11:01 AM

Robbo81303:

So what you're saying is that, at the extreme, there's about a 10% difference. 

• PAGES
RSS