Forums

Help › Forums

world cup 2017

Sun, Apr 22 2018 4:40 AM (2,096 replies)
  • twinponds169
    3,019 Posts
    Tue, Feb 28 2017 12:41 PM

Quick question guys. Now that it is an option when setting matchplay, do we have a designated number of time outs to set? Did not see it anywhere in the rules. I would imagine that the old number of 3 would be a sufficient default for all to use when setting up, just want to verify it.

Jim

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Tue, Feb 28 2017 1:00 PM

Finny will be along Jim but IMO set what you like. I always set 5 now just in case.

• PAULFINN52
    3,174 Posts
    Tue, Feb 28 2017 1:06 PM

yo jim

just had to look at these timeouts,i think you can set them from the beginning of the match,they are ok for people who want to have a toilet break or get another beer like me lol but with a shot timer of 90secs,there should be plenty of time anyway,i would go with a middle number of 3 but agree it with your playing partner before you start the game,

that rule doesnt apply really but dont have an argument over it  players

thx paul

• Young46
    1,295 Posts
    Tue, Feb 28 2017 1:06 PM

Took a week off to curve this burn out but just didn't work. I played birchi a few moments ago, I forfeited on #14, he won 3up. Good game, well played.

• PAULFINN52
    3,174 Posts
    Tue, Feb 28 2017 1:17 PM

jesus thats quick jason

first result in

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Tue, Feb 28 2017 1:26 PM

bubbsboy:

Finny will be along Jim but IMO set what you like. I always set 5 now just in case.

When i say just in case of course i mean discos, shame to spoil a good game for the sake of just not setting number to 5 or so.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Feb 28 2017 1:30 PM

bubbsboy:
    When i say just in case of course i mean discos

Those timeouts have nothing to do with disconnects, they're only for in-game turns. 

• birchi
    1,492 Posts
    Tue, Feb 28 2017 1:32 PM

Young46:

Took a week off to curve this burn out but just didn't work. I played birchi a few moments ago, I forfeited on #14, he won 3up. Good game, well played.

i played pretty close to my best level whereas he was clearly off his game. still had to give it all i got obviously. thanks for an exciting match!

looking forward to the rest of the tournament and once again thanks for putting in the work to everyone involved here. if it's not too late i'd like to chip in with 3 sleeves to use as you see fit

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Tue, Feb 28 2017 1:39 PM

YankeeJim:

bubbsboy:
    When i say just in case of course i mean discos

Those timeouts have nothing to do with disconnects, they're only for in-game turns. 

Can you elaborate, Jim.

I always just set 7 to be safe but I'm pretty sure I've been in games when the default 2 has been set by another and watched the game end after 1 time out and 1 disco', regardless who the 'culprit' was.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Feb 28 2017 1:45 PM

WigerToods2010:
    Can you elaborate, Jim.

Timeouts happen when the shot clock runs out. Disconnects are just that, not related to the shot clock. Setting 7 timeouts doesn't mean you get 7 disconnects.

RSS