rated by 0 users
Sat, Oct 8 2016 8:01 AM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Eddy0101
    394 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2016 5:55 PM

Hi Ya Joe

PhilEStein:
    First of all, count to ten slowly and do ten deep, slow breaths to release the stress and tension you are obviously feeling. You cannot play golf either online or IRL if you are stewing inside.

This is what I call Hack Amateur Itis, I experienced this by seeing players in these tiers and above having outstanding Avg's. It was not until a year later talking with a good friend from WGT that they were retread players they started over with a new account peace of mind. The Game is hard to learn at first and will be a learning experience till the day you stop playing the game if not it would not be fun to play.

Joe I would like to throw my two cents in for what it is worth, Like you I found the game hard frustrating and i want to stop playing for all the reasons you described above, have patents it will get better. I spent time reading and watching videos on how to play the game from the WGT lessons to players of WGT on you tube, I took what I wanted to use for the type of game I wanted to play. 

I also spent a lot of time taking surveys and watching videos for credits to get better clubs and balls these items will help your game and make playing it much more enjoyable, Phil has some good advice on what to start out with.

Something else you might want to try, stop playing for just a day or two when you find yourself overwhelmed, The break will do you and your brain good. When you come back and play you will find that things that were hard now seem to be easier. Do this when you feel like you have hit a wall in your game play, sometimes you just got to walk away for awhile it helps.

Just one more thing your swing and putting meter is divided by ten increments so if you are using a 30ft putt meter then every line is 3ft this will translate across the board for all your clubs on the swing meter as well based on there Avg. including the type of shot you choose to use, distance accounting for the type of ball you use and the wind, It will come down to feel, also when you are putting.

Joe hang in there and have fun and do not worry about what others are doing in there game, play for yourself play to have fun play to meet nice people all over the world.            Peace and Good Golf.

Eddy

• SBcrooks
    21 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2016 6:01 PM

First off I would like to say thanks to the the management programmers of WGT Golf for their great effort of creating and maneging this golf game. And to the advertisers that have faith that the products advertising helps to promote there business here at WGT.

Many are fast to criticize what they don't like in this great golf game.  What's important to remember  is that we are all human, and continue to learn something new every day. So I want to commend the total team of WGT for their fantastic effort to produce an un match, superior golf game.

Many have criticized WGT for the monetary gain it has created. This sounds as a jeoulous rage . Fact is , bravo to WGT's brilliant business design, and managing the dream of every soul,,, to be successful. They, WGT have created not just a win / win design, but rather a win / win / win design.. WGT makes money, their advertiser must note the inexpensive advertising campaign strategy to benefit their company,, and as the end result the players, you and me rake the benefits of belonging to the greatest golf game to date.. BRAVO to WGT and all its staff.

I would hope advertisers in other countries take note of the win, win, win strategy that WGT HAS formed can benefit their companies, and players could then manage their game credits in a more  formulated manner,

Once again,, Thank You WGT for all your talented workers for the creation and marketing of WGT golf.

• PhilEStein
    1,269 Posts
    Sat, Oct 1 2016 2:34 AM

Errrmm..Excuse me Crooksy old boy. This is a thread posted by an individual who has indicated he has rather lost his way in the game and the replies have been personally directed at advising him on the way forward.

Your post is completely out of context and perhaps may have been better sent direct to WGT via Cussie Services.

BTW, there appears to be a brown mark on the tip of your nose.

• blindpugh
    433 Posts
    Sat, Oct 1 2016 3:20 AM

Nearly brought my breakfast up. I would guess the only thing stopping SBcrooks disappearing completely up WGT's *** might be the fact that he has rather large feet.

• whooshdangit
    1,246 Posts
    Sat, Oct 1 2016 3:21 AM

Hi!

An excellent post pipala. Everybody at some time has a problem with something. I had browser/meter problems, experimented with others and found one that works for me. (Maxthon) There's loads of help and advice here in the forums.

I'm not a golfer, I last picked up a club about 20 yrs. ago, blind drunk, and remember using the driver like a tripod so I didn't topple over while waiting! The pub team played three times in 10 years I guess, so I  can't comment on that side of things. Why the hell did I think I could play golf online? No idea.

Now the most important part of pipalas' post, for me anyway,

pipala:

Add some more friends and listen to those that have taken the time to learn, there is a lot of very sound advice in here from those people, dismiss it if you wish and move on, but from someone that has put the hours in you may miss out on more than you realise. I'm far from great at this game but if i'm honest i'd be a little lost without it these days, i've met some mighty fine people along the way and made some great friends.

Now where did I put my pint lol

there's the reason, sums it up perfectly!

If you can't find it I'll buy you one, and all the other great friends I've made here.

Cheers!

Rich

• jamesfox1973
    104 Posts
    Sat, Oct 1 2016 4:15 AM

this game is very funny to play the results of 80% of shot are just well ludicrous...1min a ball with fall 15-20 yrds short then the same shot 2 holes later will over shoot by 15-20 yrds...lol both with no explanation as to why...:P....

the game is a coin flip  or hit and hope type game that to play to any reasonable level u have to pay for....this is not truely a free to play but pay to win game...if u have;nt got all the best equipment and aint using the payed for balls...you stand no chance ...even with them its more random then skill based...these are just my observations are playing for past 3-4 months (was playing like 5-6hrs a day but now i play 3 rounds get so bored of the randomness i cant take any more..lol)

• whooshdangit
    1,246 Posts
    Sat, Oct 1 2016 4:10 PM

Hi 

A couple of points interest me here. A minor one, the concept of randomness becoming boring. I say minor, an in-depth study of that has the potential to become huge.

The second, a hoary old chestnut that keeps on popping up. If you don't have this or that you have no chance. Frankly, excuse me, Bollocks! Over the last few months I've met all types, from Pro to Champion who play with WGT 64cr balls. And lost to them.

If you can't be bothered to put any effort in then don't expect anything out. No pain no gain. Better clubs just mean I can hit it further into the trees. Better balls just mean the sniggers are louder with every *SPLOSH*. Put some effort in then people will take you seriously. My knowledge of golf comes only from this game, don't ask me about "real" golf, I've got no idea. That's why I don't try to tell others what a stupid, poorly constructed game it is they play.

Randomness becoming boring, try the relationship between empty vessels and the amount of noise.

Cheers!

Rich

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Thu, Oct 6 2016 4:08 PM

joesmith007:

I don't understand, how you could have a game that so easy to play and looks so good and plays so badly.  How about doing something about the meter that is so inaccurate, golf grid that doesn't work to putt by.  I never seen where if you land in a trap or on a side of hill, or in the rough, or heavy rough it takes you 10 shots to get out of. Even the worst of players can get out of this stuff at least in 3 strokes.   I have played your game now going on just about 21/2 months.  I play every day and have just about decided not to play this game anymore.  Your game needs that much work.  Please shut it down and fix problems. So it's more enjoyable or do something.  I would luv to keep playing, but it takes the fun from game when all the above keeps happening.  Thank you

Yep. You don't understand and an non-auspicious Introduction.

In case you missed it, be sure your read pipala's post. It will give you a clue, and here, I'll make it as EZ for you as possible;

pipala:

I don't generally post a great deal in here and have seen so many of these threads started by new players, but i've had a few beers and thought i'd pitch in on this one. I doubt there's one player in this game that didn't feel this way at the beginning, I know I did.

After a couple of months of playing I just couldn't see for the life of me how players were posting the scores that I saw every day, it just didn't add up. I couldn't reach a lot of greens in regulation and when I did if I managed to get the ball in the hole in 3 or 4 putts I was doing well. BUT, something kept me coming back day in day out and i'm glad it did. I took the time to read the endless pages of solid advice posted by so many in this forum and very slowly treble bogeys became double bogeys because I had taken the time to learn the game. Over time I found myself making pars and I was hooked.

It's a golf simulation and does a pretty good job of it if you ask me. The game has it's faults and it's not perfect but if you're willing to invest the time it can be very rewarding. However, it's a steep learning curve and many will not be willing to invest the time that it takes to become decent enough to take pleasure from it. The ones that can't be bothered come in here and complain about it. The game may need some work but I think your game may need a lot more, if you're willing to put that in you may eventually get some enjoyment from it.

Add some more friends and listen to those that have taken the time to learn, there is a lot of very sound advice in here from those people, dismiss it if you wish and move on, but from someone that has put the hours in you may miss out on more than you realise. I'm far from great at this game but if i'm honest i'd be a little lost without it these days, i've met some mighty fine people along the way and made some great friends.

Now where did I put my pint lol

• PhilEStein
    1,269 Posts
    Sat, Oct 8 2016 8:01 AM

Well Joe, if ever you come back here. I note that you have taken nothing on board regarding the advice freely given by the good members here. You have bought clubs but not what was advised,  left here and took up residence with Rabbit Warren for a couple of days and then moved on to pastures new. Quite obviously you were not looking for advice but just having a whinge which so many who have little aptitude for the game do.

On that basis I have removed you from my friends list.

• PAGES
RSS