Forums

Help › Forums

Experience Points?

rated by 0 users
Sat, Dec 17 2011 1:21 PM (6 replies)
  • deBubblebuster
    7 Posts
    Tue, Mar 29 2011 7:05 AM

I'm a relatively new WGT member who's racking up the "experience points", but I've looked through all the WGT instructions and explanations and can't find anything that tells me what, if anything, "experience points" can be used for.  Will somebody please clarify this for me?  Thanks.

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Tue, Mar 29 2011 12:19 PM

From the FAQ, at the bottom of the page.

What are Levels?

WGT Experience Levels are new and are based on actions you perform on WGT such as completing rounds, hitting shots, earning awards, and interacting with other players. Experience Levels will not be skill-based like Tiers; instead, you will level up as you play and interact on WGT.

When do I earn experience points?

You will receive experience points for shots taken and hole-in-ones immediately after the ball comes to rest. For all other game-related activities, you will earn the associated experience points after you complete the game you are playing. This should give you extra incentive to complete all of your started games.

At what level will my character start?

You character will start at Level 1 when it is new. Existing players will automatically start at a higher level based on their previous tier: Amateur: Level 10, Pro: Level 20, Master: Level 30

Why does my Level matter?

At new Levels, players will be able to unlock new virtual items in the Pro Shop previously unavailable to them. Levels will make WGT more fun for everyone regardless of their skill, and also encourage players to finish more multi-player games and matches.

How can I tell what Level my player is?

Your current level is displayed throughout the website and game. See the PROFILE example above.

Is there a maximum level that I can reach?

No, there is maximum level that can be reached at this time.

Do I earn experience points for playing consecutive days on WGT?

Yes, you will receive bonus experience points for playing consecutive days on WGT. In order to earn a Consecutive Days bonus you need to have completed a game at least two days in a row. Please make note that Consecutive Days are based on UTC (Coordinated Universal Time) and not your local time zone.

Two Days: 90 XP
    Three Days: 180 XP
    Four Days: 270 XP
    Five Days: 540 XP
    Six+ Days: 880 XP

Happy hitting

• deBubblebuster
    7 Posts
    Tue, Mar 29 2011 1:57 PM

Thanks for the clarification Soulcatcher.  Probably didn't have enough patience to delve this deeply into the FAQ information.  May I ask where in Canada you hale from?  While growing up, always took family vacations on Manitoulin Island in Ontario and then went to grad school at The University of Waterloo.  Took me a while to adjust to the higher (much higher) academic standards... and now that I'm retired, I've often toyed with the idea of moving permanently to your fair country.  Always thought highly of the land of the Maple Leaf.

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Tue, Mar 29 2011 4:22 PM

I am from the Toronto area.

Spent way to much time in Waterloo  (damn Octoberfest) as a very good friend of mine went there.

Manitoulin is a great island. Although I have spent most of my time up that way in Tobermory (other side of the ferry ride)

As for moving..... come on up.... the country's fine...... :)

Happy hitting

• jdewge
    2 Posts
    Sat, Dec 17 2011 3:55 AM

Hi soulcatcher,

I noticed that you stated that as you gain experience points the level of my player will increase from a hack to an amateur , pro etc. I just need some clarification about the example you gave, does the automatic upgrade occur at those levels or is there something else that causes the upgrade. Been an amateur for a long time now and have been wondering. Thanks

• cricketrules
    1,050 Posts
    Sat, Dec 17 2011 8:43 AM

jdewge:

I noticed that you stated that as you gain experience points the level of my player will increase from a hack to an amateur , pro etc. I just need some clarification about the example you gave, does the automatic upgrade occur at those levels or is there something else that causes the upgrade. Been an amateur for a long time now and have been wondering. Thanks

To move up a Tier (Hack to Amateur, Amateur to Pro etc.) you have to a) play a certain amount of ranked rounds and b) have a certain average. Level has nothing to do with it.

As for being an Amateur for "a long time" you've been playing this game since December 8th. It can take months to Tier up.

Just play more ranked rounds and you'll Tier up soon enough.

Jack.

• jdewge
    2 Posts
    Sat, Dec 17 2011 1:21 PM

Thanks Jack,

I think my average will continue to hold me back from advancing any time soon LOL I am about as good here on the computer as I am in real life which is quite shocking!

Thanks again,

Jdewge

RSS