Help › Forums

Meter skipping on long putts

rated by 0 users
Thu, Aug 20 2009 6:06 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Diablo4965
    2 Posts
    Tue, Aug 18 2009 8:11 PM

Since we've been able to access full screeen the meter has been skipping on putts, especially long putts

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Aug 19 2009 3:29 AM

Not just putts, but that's to be expected in full-screen. See this thread.

• gtechbob
    25 Posts
    Wed, Aug 19 2009 7:05 PM

My putt meter has started failing to accept the 2nd click.....goes all the way to bar end or just short of end.  Just started this afternoon and I cannot control the clicks now.  Is this related 2 maint done?  Thought it was in mouse but I rebooted, replace mouse battery & still happens on both courses & all tourneys.  I am not using the full screen view you guys speak of....don't know what that is.  I reported this with "submit problem" button to WGT but nothing so far.  I cannot play when I miss even 2 feet putts.  Will see what I have tomorrow.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Aug 19 2009 7:16 PM

Try a different browser before giving up, gtechbob, for example Google Chrome. I've experienced the "failed-to-register-2nd-click-on-putting" issue in the Opera browser, but never in Chrome so far.

1,644 Posts
    Thu, Aug 20 2009 8:59 AM

gtechbob:
     replace mouse battery  

In general it is not recommended to use a wireless mouse here as there are too many delays in the communications.   I suggest you switch to a wired USB mouse.

Lee

• thunderbird
    381 Posts
    Thu, Aug 20 2009 10:12 AM

Avatar I find that interesting about the wireless mouse as I have found no problem with it on my very ancient computer.  But I might pull out the old mouse for giggles and see if that is why I have not shot 51 yet.

• gtechbob
    25 Posts
    Thu, Aug 20 2009 11:31 AM

Only been using wireless batterry for 2 months playing game with no problem....it's not the mouse.  Problem with meter STILL persist today after starting yesterday afternoon....WGT maint around same time ???  I played 2 closest-to-pins challenges today & did great....no putts.  I have again reported problem to WGT & no answer yet.  I tried to play round today & gave up after 5 holes of 5 putts per hole.  Thanks for sugeestion, but it ain't the mouse....it's the program.

GTECHBOB

1,644 Posts
    Thu, Aug 20 2009 11:46 AM

Have your cleared both your caches (flash and browser) since the update?

• gtechbob
    25 Posts
    Thu, Aug 20 2009 12:02 PM

Thanks for suggestion....see below "Submit problem" msg I just sent to WGT.

I got suggestion from guy on forum to switch to Chrome Google browser & see what that does for my issue.  Just played 9 holes & new browser did improve on the problem about 50% of the time.  But control on clicks is still inconsistent.  The fact that SOME change occurred does tell me that YOU have a bug in the putting bar.  WHY it is not impacting everyone is mysterious...but it is killing me.

Had not heard of either Opera or Chrome browser.  I do use Mozilla but not for WGT play cause it has problems.  But I will try Chrome to see what it offers.  Thx

GTECHBOB

• gtechbob
    25 Posts
    Thu, Aug 20 2009 3:46 PM

Finally a solution.  I switched to Mozilla browser and putter works fine again.  I used Mozilla a month ago and it had problems.  I'm betting that recent maint by WGT addressed Mozilla browser use and fixed bugs....but messed up something else.  I guess I will use Mozilla from now on.  Thanks to all you guys suggesting Chrome browser etc....that gave me idea to try Mozilla again.    Glad to have putter back again....now when I miss I know it is me & not program.

GTECHBOB

• PAGES
RSS