Forums

Help › Forums

Chip shot,flop shot,pitching

Tue, Aug 23 2016 8:13 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • grabaseat
    86 Posts
    Fri, Aug 19 2016 11:54 AM

For some reason today i have gotten my self into the rough alot! Every time its from 4 yards to 25 yards from the hole! 20 to 40 % lies, each time i have tried all three shots and they have failed to move a inch! Making me hit it full and fly way farther than whats needed!

Is there a trick to this or is it yet another one WGTs ways making sure you don't move on to the next level!

• hakman123
    2,119 Posts
    Fri, Aug 19 2016 12:24 PM

The shot I don't see listed is the Punch, which might be worth a try from the rough for those distances.

• dryspot
    690 Posts
    Fri, Aug 19 2016 12:50 PM

Try the punch shot with full backspin hope this help's

• garypinhunter
    1,049 Posts
    Fri, Aug 19 2016 1:28 PM

grabaseat:

For some reason today i have gotten my self into the rough alot! Every time its from 4 yards to 25 yards from the hole! 20 to 40 % lies, each time i have tried all three shots and they have failed to move a inch! Making me hit it full and fly way farther than whats needed!

Is there a trick to this or is it yet another one WGTs ways making sure you don't move on to the next level!

Golf Tip Website (Pinhunters) may be helpful.  Gary

• hatcojack
    410 Posts
    Fri, Aug 19 2016 2:17 PM

grabaseat:

try flop with full bs.,  30-40 rough add 3 yds.  40-50 rough add 5 yds. but you do need decent wedges for it to work well .  and remember to aim 3-4 ft LEFT of pin.

• hatcojack
    410 Posts
    Fri, Aug 19 2016 2:27 PM

grabaseat:

practice tip: play a round of stroke, on your approach land OFF the green by a few yds. try a flop shot, then hit OFF green again, and try another. doing this you can get in 40 or so practice shots in one round!  GL

• erbet
    49 Posts
    Sat, Aug 20 2016 2:12 AM

anything 8yd up  t0  25yd i play  the  flop  shot..the  trick  is  give  it full  b/spin (with a good  Nike  ball)aim  2yd  left  of  the  hole and  give it  2yd  too much distance.also if  its  in the  rough add  2yd for every 15% depth of grass..

• Vaibhav5viv
    886 Posts
    Sat, Aug 20 2016 3:05 PM

I understand you all are trying to help the OP, but telling him what your L80+ clubs would do is not really of much use to a L45 TP.. In this case his problem simply occurs coz he doesn't have a 64 deg wedge. On adding that the grouping of shots would improve considerably. Try them out with that wedge and see which shot you like in what situation.

• PAGES
RSS