Forums

Help › Forums

Extra meter

rated by 0 users
Fri, Sep 4 2009 11:44 AM (39 replies)
  • Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sun, Aug 30 2009 1:00 AM

I agree with you, Tresclub. I don't necessarily expect the SPACEBAR to activate the shot; just give us an alternative keybard method for both releasing & setting up our shots, that's all. Any key will do. And, the SPACEBAR is such a large key that it may in fact be a bit slower to respond than a smaller key that you can hit perfectly and firmly every time.

That being said, I've tried hitting the ball with the SPACEBAR over at Tiger Woods Online in the last few days, and it worked reasonably well. But: there is no in-game chat window as yet in TWO, indeed no multi-player either, so the problem described by Tresclub will likely appear in the TWO world later on, wreaking potential havoc.

• lilmike24
    185 Posts
    Sun, Aug 30 2009 5:38 AM

So everyone who agrees with avatar lee's idea say I.

I

• jeffdos924
    1,085 Posts
    Sun, Aug 30 2009 10:27 AM

Working the ball would be great. Lee's idea seems to me to be the better plan ... can't even imagine trying to deal with 2 glitchy meters ..lol.

• lilmike24
    185 Posts
    Sun, Aug 30 2009 11:05 AM

I said avatarlee's idea. It IS better than mine. It would be easier to do it that way. I just wanted a way to work the ball, it was the first thung i thought of.

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Mon, Aug 31 2009 4:55 PM

I wholeheartedly agree that we need shot shaping abilities, as well as trajectory control for high and low shots as the trajectory aim seems to do little if anything at all.  Right now when you try to hit a slight fade to hold against a right to left wind, or vice versa, sometimes it works perfectly and sometimes it jumps 15 yds off line.  I really like AvatarLee's suggestion about shot shaping and I propose they make this an option for everybody except him and Tibbets!  LOL

That said, I would love to see WGT increase the premium on accuracy.  If a shot isn't pured the consequences should be much more penal than they are right now.  The product is still in Beta after all.  Hopefully one day they will have it all worked out and make this wonderful game a very close simulation to an actual round of golf.

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Mon, Aug 31 2009 5:20 PM

We are working on a shot shaping feature and your feedback on this thread is very helpful, please continue the dialog.

Ideas around using the existing controls or adding new ones is the main design challenge we are having.

• Blackwood
    32 Posts
    Tue, Sep 1 2009 6:22 AM

Not only should we be able to fade and draw the ball, but being able to hit a banana slice or duck-hook out of the trees and back onto the fairway would be very helpful.  We should also be able to control the trajectory of the shot... hitting a low driving shot or extra high shot when needed on those elevated greens.

• plim
    1,388 Posts
    Tue, Sep 1 2009 8:11 AM

we all know that by opening and closeing your stance while keeping the club square to the target enables you to work the ball left or right. why not have the facility to click and drag the golfers feet to open or close the stance slightly.  

you could do a similar thing for the flight clicking and dragging the ball forward or backwards in the stance to replicate a early or later hit. this could also have an effect on the spin.

just a couple of ideas.

working the ball left or right should only be an option and not  a necessity

• Bavarian
    1 Posts
    Tue, Sep 1 2009 12:50 PM

I like the dot idea... but plim's idea with opening or closing the stance is a great idea too, and more realistic.  I don't think it would be too confusing or difficult to master either. 

Then if you miss the mark too badly on the actual swing, your fade or draw could turn into a duck hook or bannana slice... just like real golf. 

It would give great workability to your shots.

• lilmike24
    185 Posts
    Tue, Sep 1 2009 4:24 PM

How bout instead of the click-drag. You press the left and right arrow keys. Still a great idea plim.

RSS