Help › Forums

Clash glitch

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jul 25 2016 3:59 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • joecote253
    204 Posts
    Sat, Jul 23 2016 12:28 AM

This Clash started at Midnight PST. I started playing at 12:12. I used one of our Clubs "Superpasses". My score card is not calculating ANY points!!

I've had a Par, a Bogey, and another Par and each hole is showing "0" points scored.

WHAT GIVES GUYS????

iF i'VE WASTED ONE OF OUR TEAM'S SUPERPASSES, i AM NOT GOING TO BE PLEASED.

PLEASE fix this.

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Sat, Jul 23 2016 8:32 AM

Hey Joe, if you haven't already, you should contact customer service regarding this issue. 

_CHAMPION

• alosso
    21,042 Posts
    Sat, Jul 23 2016 10:50 AM

joecote253:
    This Clash started at Midnight PST. I started playing at 12:12. I used one of our Clubs "Superpasses". My score card is not calculating ANY points!!

I've had a Par, a Bogey, and another Par and each hole is showing "0" points scored.

WHAT GIVES GUYS????

iF i'VE WASTED ONE OF OUR TEAM'S SUPERPASSES, i AM NOT GOING TO BE PLEASED.

[...]

PLEASE fix this.

It happens when you use the "another round" button while still in the last game.

I'm afraid to say that they haven't fixed it since Clash #4 which was in 2014.

But there's a user's workaround. Maybe CS will be able to tell it - I did too often.

• firetrucky
    172 Posts
    Sat, Jul 23 2016 11:37 AM

Not that I care or anything, but this really makes my case even stronger about how this clash system screwed up. 

I signed on and saw that we were in a clash! I looked at who we were playing and Saw that we were matched against a 247 member club! We are a 48 member club. There for we did not waste our passes because we don't stand a chance against a club of this size. I looked again after the first clash and saw that someone signed us up again, and guess what? We are playing the exact same team, a team with 200 more members than we have! 

WGT you have a good idea with the clashes, but it is poorly executed. Winning these events is mainly based on the amount of passes bought, with very little emphasis on a good score. 

If you ever set one of these up where the opposite is true then you might get more participation from the smaller clubs. 

If you look there are more CC's out there with 25 to 100 members then there are CC's with 250 members.

I challenge you WGT to listen to the CC owners and take input from them, and I am not saying talk to the top 5% of the clubs, I am saying talk to the club owners that represent the majority of the players around here.

My small club has 48 members but it is in the top 50 in club earnings, but we don't stand a snow balls chance in cracking the top 50 in the clashes!

A clubs success use to be based on the clubs earnings, now it is based on how many passes you buy in a club event. Again I challenge you to make it a skill based game. The US does not win the ryder cup because the US has more players that play golf, if they win they win because they shot a better score!

Again WGT I challenge you to at least respond to us smaller clubs!  

• alosso
    21,042 Posts
    Sat, Jul 23 2016 1:30 PM

firetrucky:
    I signed on and saw that we were in a clash! I looked at who we were playing and Saw that we were matched against a 247 member club! We are a 48 member club.

Don't see that as a problem to be generalised: If only 10 of the 247 play (as it is usually in my 200+ members CC), it doesn't matter if half of your 48 members play.

This seems to be well organised, and, we have lost against much smaller CCs!

But, the fact that the "zero points" problem hasn't been fixed between 24 Clashes and in 18+ months says something to me - I don't play them any more!

• Bluesteelie
    2,021 Posts
    Sat, Jul 23 2016 3:36 PM

Anyone had this happen, Playing clashes today- Kiawah 17hole in the drink. Then they drop the ball on the sand cart path? WTH? Then Played the long par5 on the back 9.at congressional. 2nd shot on the green but rolls towards the water and stops near the brick wall, game gives me a free drop and drops the ball in the rough and now im on my 4th shot, Thought i had a free drop. Nope game added 2 strokes to my score. Wgt please fix this broken game. Or the infamous, your in the fairway but the game says your in the rough or your in the rough and the game says your in the fairway. What gives WGT didnt your programmers map out the game right? And are you going to fix this? I wont hold my breath.

• LSkaalen
    5 Posts
    Sat, Jul 23 2016 5:24 PM

I have had the same problem today; paid for the clutch entry then earned 57 points with 3 birds, 3 pars and 3 bogies; but, the closing chart showed 0 points.  Why?

• firetrucky
    172 Posts
    Sat, Jul 23 2016 9:15 PM

I will agree that it is well organized for what it is, but I think there are things that could be done to put an emphasis towards the skill of the country club instead of putting the emphasis on giving the win to the team that played the most passes. 

Maybe the solution is not to fix this system but to create something that is based on the skill of the CC!

I am sure that some will agree, and some will disagree, but I just had to throw my two cents out there!

• Duckster789
    534 Posts
    Sat, Jul 23 2016 9:55 PM

You must be new to the forum. What you stated in your post has been said dozens and dozens of times in here since the clashes started.

• firetrucky
    172 Posts
    Sun, Jul 24 2016 10:45 AM

Duckster789:

You must be new to the forum. What you stated in your post has been said dozens and dozens of times in here since the clashes started.

Not new, just trying to be a squeaky wheel, and hoping to see a response by WGT! 

• PAGES
RSS