Rental and buying

rated by 0 users
Mon, Oct 3 2016 6:15 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Tomborg
    33 Posts
    Mon, Jun 27 2016 5:03 PM

Hi,

If I rent a club (and pay the rental fee), do I get a discount when the rent expires should I chose to purchase the item?

Thanks

• fitzroy1965
    337 Posts
    Mon, Jun 27 2016 5:24 PM

i think you do  10% i think?  could be weong

• hakman123
    2,119 Posts
    Mon, Jun 27 2016 5:42 PM

Tomborg:

Hi,

If I rent a club (and pay the rental fee), do I get a discount when the rent expires should I chose to purchase the item?

Thanks

Yes you get a discount of 10%.    The rental costs 15%.   So if you end up buying the item, the rental only cost you 5%.   If you don't like it and end up not buying - then the rental saved you 85% of the purchase price!

While renting - you can click "BUY" and will be offered the discount price --- try it while renting to see the price -- you can always back out if you don't want to continue.

After the rental period expires you will be given the option to buy at that discount price.

Should you decide not to make the purchase after the rental period has expired - it is my understanding that the offer expires. If you then decide at a later date to purchase a previously rented item, your previous rental is not taken into account and the full price would need to be paid.

Better news still - if you take up the 'free rental' offer when you Level Up -- then the 10% discount still applies to the rental / buy option. So it is a real 10% saving. Same applies to free rental weekends. So try to make good use of these.

• Tomborg
    33 Posts
    Mon, Jun 27 2016 6:45 PM

thank you.

The 'free rental' offer when you Level Up only lists a few clubs, not necessarily the ones I am interested in.

Is there a schedule for 'free rental weekends'?

• alosso
    21,042 Posts
    Mon, Jun 27 2016 10:22 PM

hakman123:
    Yes you get a discount of 10%.    The rental costs 15%.   So if you end up buying the item, the rental only cost you 5%.

hakman123:
    Better news still - if you take up the 'free rental' offer when you Level Up -- then the 10% discount still applies to the rental / buy option. So it is a real 10% saving. Same applies to free rental weekends.
    +1

Additions:

When clicking "Buy" from the game screen advertising, there may be no confirmation tab - direct buy.

It may be necessary to have credits for the full price available - hopefully, the discount will stay in your pocket.

• hakman123
    2,119 Posts
    Thu, Jun 30 2016 7:27 PM

Tomborg:

thank you.

The 'free rental' offer when you Level Up only lists a few clubs, not necessarily the ones I am interested in.

Each time you level up -- you are offered the new clubs that become available to you at that level. You get to pick one - you can't try everything. Often you are only interested on 1 thing that becomes available at the next level - so this usually gives you the chance to try it free and get the 10% discount.

Tomborg:

Is there a schedule for 'free rental weekends'?

No.   They come around from time to time and usually for special occasions. Fathers Day most recently. You just have to keep a look out for them. Check WGT news regularly.

• ArgyleScott
    1,267 Posts
    Sun, Oct 2 2016 2:06 PM

alosso:

When clicking "Buy" from the game screen advertising, there may be no confirmation tab - direct buy.

It may be necessary to have credits for the full price available - hopefully, the discount will stay in your pocket.

What's up with that? I sold my iron set to have enough to cover the discount price (free rental) but I don't have the full price. Am I screwed?

• Luciano18
    316 Posts
    Sun, Oct 2 2016 3:20 PM

ArgyleScott:
    Am I screwed?

Yup - unless you have the credits to cover the Full Price

Happened to me last week

Fortunately, I was able to cover the difference selling a club back

(I do not recall what the % is that WGT takes clubs back at)

You need to be able to cover the full price but WGT will only subtract the discounted price

I don't understand why but that is the way WGT has it set up

Good Luck

Luciano

• Vaibhav5viv
    886 Posts
    Sun, Oct 2 2016 4:18 PM

Luciano18:
    I do not recall what the % is that WGT takes clubs back at

25%

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Sun, Oct 2 2016 5:14 PM

If instead of trying to buy from the pop-up  you go to the pro shop and locate the clubs you rented, when they come available to purchase it shows the discounted price not the full price.  I'd try that and see what happens.  Can't hurt, and maybe you will get lucky.

phred952

• PAGES
RSS