Help › Forums

I don't know where to post thie rant

rated by 0 users
Thu, May 5 2016 1:44 AM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Gruff41
    2 Posts
    Sat, Apr 30 2016 7:18 PM

I don't know where to post this $%#%in rant but I have to vent so I'm putting it here.  I've spent some real money on this game because I think it is challenging BUT TOO INCONSISTENT with what the shots do from one hole to the next.

I hit the same shot, same conditions, on different holes with VASTLY different outcomes...its ridiculous and I for one won't spend another dime until its fixed.

• Bluesteelie
    2,021 Posts
    Sun, May 1 2016 9:32 AM

see you tomorrow 

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sun, May 1 2016 9:45 AM

It takes time, quite a bit of time, to become good at this game. The equipment does have an impact. I have all of the best gear and still notice the variables you mention, just much less so. Perfection does not exist here.

~ SP ~

• lonniescott711
    4,183 Posts
    Sun, May 1 2016 9:47 AM

Yeah boy I know your pain been there and done that . In fact we all have gone through what you are going through . So let it all out but dont get banned from the forums . If you watch real golf you will actually see the pros going through the same thing . This game simulates the real game of golf more than you know .

No one in real golf hits the pefect shot each and every time all game long .It may look like it but it never happens .Even hitting the ding doesnt guarantee the best results . This is just a game and in spite of the fact that you wont shoot perfect rounds each and every time you play or get the results that you feel you should . You can still play well and have fun .

So feel free to vent but in a respectful manner . Scream yell and curse your computer but dont hit or throw it . Dont l let it get you to the point that the wife and kids think that you are going crazy , even if you are . For every bad round that you play there`s a good one waitng for you as well .

So welcome to the game it will get better you will see . Just like real golf this is the most aggravating game that you will ever enjoy playing . Play well have fun and never swing with your eyes closed . Hope this helps . :-)

• alosso
    21,038 Posts
    Sun, May 1 2016 10:55 AM

It might help to check your golf bag:

I see two drivers and still one spot is unequipped - there's some missing!

Next buy - if you want to invest - two short ATV wedges at L38(?)

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sun, May 1 2016 11:14 AM

Rant away! Just don't do this, it gets expensive.....

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, May 1 2016 11:18 AM

LMAO, Andy, you have no idea. I've just had to sub out one of the team for PaulFinn's mini WC because-and this comes right from the source-in a fit of pique over the game he smashed his laptop and will be out for an indefinite period!! 

God's honest truth.  :-D

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Sun, May 1 2016 8:07 PM

Who smashes their monitor over online golf?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, May 1 2016 8:13 PM

MichaelStroke:

A hothead.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, May 1 2016 9:25 PM

YankeeJim:

MichaelStroke:

A hothead.

LOLOLOL

So true....I play to have fun and unwind and if I card a 80 I will still have a laugh.....partner may not see the funny side but tough lol

Possibly the first time I have agreed with Mr Stroke too....

Edit - On Topic and for the OP - Lonnie summed it up......have fun and enjoy the journey.

• PAGES
RSS