Forums

Help › Forums

THE PLAYERS Championship May 10-15, 2016

Mon, May 16 2016 8:33 PM (65 replies)
  • LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Sat, May 14 2016 7:21 AM

Ops....quik update, Jordan Spieth, Danny Willet, Rickie Fowler,  Phil Mickelson & some other top players did not make the cut!. Spieth looked unfocused and even a bit tired of the star status. Mickelson was at one point 5 under par to incredibly throw everything out in the last 9 holes....

The big Aussie has a 4 stroke lead now and unless he breaks an arm, a hurricane or something alike strikes Sawgrass, he has already won the PLAYERS Championship ; ))  

Day 3 will start soon....longing for it.

LOLserver

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sat, May 14 2016 12:34 PM

LOLserver:

Day 3 will start soon....longing for it.

LOLserver

As it has, and the greens are "Ice" fast. Amazing....and as I am watching it, which is a big deal for me 'cause I never watch TV, I'm sitting here eatin' pizza, and wondering (again) how we, at WGT, can enjoy almost "holy grail" tracks (STA, OLY, Okie, PB etc) and yet we don't have Sawgrass....and for all these years we have yet to know why not. You know, a legit answer.

~ Lily ~

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sat, May 14 2016 4:10 PM

SweetiePie:
    and yet we don't have Sawgrass....and for all these years we have yet to know why not. You know, a legit answer.

The exclusive use license agreement TPC Sawgrass has with EA Sports kinda gets in the way Lily.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sat, May 14 2016 7:26 PM

"andyson"]

The exclusive use license agreement TPC Sawgrass has with EA Sports kinda gets in the way Lily.

[/quote

This is true Andy, but I don't personally consider it to be iron-clad nor end of the road. As far as I have learned, everything has a price and is for sale. It simply depends upon how badly something is wanted and what price can be agreed upon. 

~ Lily ~

*see you Monday ;-}

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Sun, May 15 2016 3:10 AM

Licenses, agreements, etc....whatever, WGT makes one course a year, what are the chances to see Sawgrass here?...not many and perhaps in 10 years or so.

Eric

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Sun, May 15 2016 3:28 AM

4 strokes difference remains for Jason day in day 3.

• Matsuyama & Duke climb to second spot at - 10
    • Knost, Blixt, McIlroy have lost momentum 
    • McIlroy cannot put two things together again and he is getting 3 putters often
    • Shane Lowry took a deep dive with his 78 and now his chances to win are gone

If things develop as in the last 3 days, Jason Day is already the new PLAYERS Champion.

Will it be an easy win for Day?, I hope not and some other players give some fight to the end. It would be great to see a sudden dead championship ending!!!

We got our two first winners in the 54 hole lead competition, grats guys : )))

• Als > Jason Day
    • AUGIE > Jason Day

Please, if you winners are reading, post your ball preference here.

LOLserver

• Als6437
    428 Posts
    Sun, May 15 2016 3:44 AM

LOLserver:

Please, if you winners are reading, post your ball preference here.

LOLserver

I would like the L81 Nikes please.

Thank you,

Al

• AUGIE316
    119 Posts
    Sun, May 15 2016 7:35 AM

AUGIE316 ball preference for the 54 hole leader win will be level 90- Nike RZN  Black Balls.

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Sun, May 15 2016 9:47 AM

54 hole leader winners, you will receive your sleeves after the tournament is finished and all winners (if they will be more winners) have posted their ball preferences.

...it might take a week or so.

LOLserver

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Sun, May 15 2016 2:55 PM

I'm sticking with Henrik for every event till the end of time... pfft.

Watching the golf on my tablet whilst on lappy typing this.

Mobdro is a cracking app for most sports (and other stuff ) broadcast around the globe.

Cheers for hosting another fun event here in wgt land, Eric.

RSS