Forums

Help › Forums

Players that Quit a Match (are worthless!!)

rated by 0 users
Sun, Oct 22 2017 8:18 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • AcousticAvenger
    4 Posts
    Sat, Feb 20 2016 3:28 PM

I am growing very tired of being matched up with a low level player (although this happens with higher levels as well) and having them quit the game by disconnecting the connection by one means or another.  This happens far to often and has hampered me from being able to transition points to my Country Club.  I have found that when I choose to use my Daily Pass, and get matched up with someone who quits or terminates the game, I do not gain any points and also lose my Daily Pass.

There should be a more severe penalty applied to "quitters".  I have never quit a game no matter who I was matched up with either high or low level players.  I like playing against higher level players than myself to test how well I can play against them; and conversely, I enjoy playing against lower level players and always answer any questions they post to me via the Chat feature.

I will be interested to see how others feel about this problem and whether anything will be done to try and keep the problem from continuing.

Thanks - AcousticAvenger

** Update (Feb 22, 2016)**

Although the Subject does not reflect it, my intent was not to upset people, but rather to draw attention to a problem.  If I have offended anyone that plays the game with Integrity, my sincere apologies.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sat, Feb 20 2016 9:27 PM

How did I know that you'd be a high level low tier player? When you tier up you'll get fewer problems.

• alosso
    21,040 Posts
    Sat, Feb 20 2016 10:06 PM

First off, this has been an eternal problem, and all the company have ever done is to introduce the completion badge.

Second, I'd like to know which kind of matches you are referring to? There's hardly a hint on your profile.

AcousticAvenger:
    There should be a more severe penalty applied to "quitters".

Impossible, IMHO. Which business is successful by punishing their clients (except those  ladies with whips?). And, think about the situation: Players sit alone at their screens, look at avatars and may forget that their opponent is a human. Besides those who quit on purpose or because their boss is approaching, there's a bunch of reasons to quit with reason due to unexpected events, and there are the ubiquitous discons which may happen outside the player's influence. Should anybody be punished for mother-in-law's calls or on behalf of WGT's hard- or software?

AcousticAvenger:
    This happens far to often and has hampered me from being able to transition points to my Country Club.

Situations don't change, technology doesn't change and human psych doesn't change, so you might think of a change on your side:

Unfortunately, you are in a small CC which needs the points to prosper. So, don't use CC passes in multiplayer games if you deem them to be unsecure.

My two Pfennig: Play a single game for the daily bonus (one hole practice is enough) before starting the MP fun. This will savely bring up to 1,000 XPs to your CC.

Have fun!

• adaputter
    1,954 Posts
    Sun, Feb 21 2016 1:17 PM

use cc passes for your own cc if you want your own cc to grow

a cc with 3 members your not missing out a lot

• IrmaLamy
    2,981 Posts
    Mon, Feb 22 2016 1:20 AM

Interesting thread title ? ! ?

Your stats show a different image of what you are writing ?

ALT games played = 0  (ZERO)

MP games played = 0  (ZERO)

RR games played = 104

Tournaments played = 14

How about you start to play your first round of the day as a SP FOR YOUR CC ?

An 9 holer in an internal CC tournament earns you abt 11xx'ish points and if you setup a 18 holer you'll gain close to 14xx'ish points. So you would have double gain (for you & CC)

Oh and btw, you have 2 members (level and tier not important) but those 2 are abt 2 month in your CC and have contributed only 16xx'ish & 25xx'ish CC points!

You should ask yourself a question about this maybe on how to motivate you CC fellow members to use their daily pass for YOUR CC

Good luck with your CC grow

PS: if you play wisely you can earn up to 14xx'ish points per day by the use of your 2 free passes w/in 24 hours (1st SP - 2nd ALT)

• AcousticAvenger
    4 Posts
    Mon, Feb 22 2016 4:34 AM

Thank you for your post.  You provided some useful paths forward for me to use.

My CC consists of only 2 friends because they were the only ones I could get to sign up.  I tried joining quite a few other clubs, but never heard anything back for membership acceptance.  If I could find a good strong club, I would join it in a minute!!

Thanks,

• Yiannis1970
    3,270 Posts
    Mon, Feb 22 2016 4:35 AM

Ok...

lastly i see threads come up from people with almost 0 games. They are complaining about quitters, disconnections e.t.c. Can't be a coincidence. What do you believe they are after? i mean...it's so easy to look up on his/hers stats!! Afterwards, the whole thread turns out to a mocking parade and that in my opinion is not very nice or useful.

To the OP:

Fistly, play the game. Accumulate some experience with it and then complain for everything you like. Rest assure that those who play the game (especially alts and mps) have pointed out in the forum (more than once) all the drawbacks. Take a look and you will find out by yourself.

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Mon, Feb 22 2016 9:29 PM

Multiplayer stroke play doesn't matter much with quitters, other than you lose a touch of XP.

The real annoyance is when you do match or alt shot and it happens.

• NorCaLBones
    19 Posts
    Sat, Oct 21 2017 6:28 PM
    The forfeiting is an epidemic and apparently long standing problem. I suggest WGT delete/subtract XP Points from the crybabies who can't comprehend that someone (gasp) has the audacity to beat them. Beyond the xp pts penalty, is there a way to limit who your opponents are? (ie. set a minimum lvl or status of some kind) If the answer is no, then we're stuck just playing to hole #2 or #3 and mocking quitters for having such fragile ego's. sadly
  • PAGES
RSS