rated by 0 users
Thu, Mar 3 2016 3:32 AM (25 replies)
  • razza31
    703 Posts
    Fri, Feb 5 2016 11:26 PM

goldeena:

me - pinehurst.

featureless, samey, boring, bland, vapid

This! The Open played there was probably the most boring ever..

• Yiannis1970
    3,270 Posts
    Sat, Feb 6 2016 3:06 AM

I second that!! Pinehurst wins the Oscar along with the greens of Kia...an absolute joke. Winds are whatever, some holes play shorter, others longer, the rest just look at your magic sphere, shoot and pray. Two joke course by far...

PS

I have played Pinehurst over a 100 times. In 95 of them had facewind on the 4th hole...you know, the famous par 7 which you have to do 3 strokes to make a birdie.

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Sat, Feb 6 2016 6:24 AM

The dessert, by the time ive had my starter, a couple of side dishes and my main, then im totally stuffed.

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Tue, Feb 9 2016 2:25 PM

goldeena:
    me - pinehurst.

Of the main courses, I'd agree 100%. I was around when it came out. I remember my first impression was, "UGGGGGLY"

If you include the Bo? courses. The demon is dead. I always referred to the old Bo4 as WoS (Worst of Stupid)

I actually like the new one. 

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, Feb 9 2016 2:51 PM

I love them all, and have zero hate for any of them. I do find that my "thinking cap" must be always tightly on as I play Olympic.  ~ SP ~

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, Feb 9 2016 2:51 PM

I love them all, and have zero hate for any of them. I do find that my "thinking cap" must be always tightly on as I play Olympic.  ~ SP ~

• PhiEaglesFan
    617 Posts
    Tue, Feb 9 2016 5:12 PM

SweetiePie:
    and have zero hate for any of them.

Yeah I think hate or despise might be too strong a word.  For me anyway.

Nowadays, I guess I find Kiawah to be most troublesome since the green shots are almost never dead on.  I also tend to steer clear of Royal St. George, just because the par 3's are ridiculous.  I like the rest of the course though.

I was not a fan of the TruGolf courses, because those greens were just flaky at best.

• Dreamweaver70
    67 Posts
    Tue, Feb 9 2016 8:20 PM

For me, it's definitely Olympic...probably haven't played it enough to know all of the ins and outs (and probably never will).  It seems that strange things happen when I play it.  At this point, I usually just avoid it.

DW

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Tue, Feb 9 2016 8:26 PM

PhiEaglesFan:
    Nowadays, I guess I find Kiawah to be most troublesome since the green shots are almost never dead on.  I also tend to steer clear of Royal St. George, just because the par 3's are ridiculous.  I like the rest of the course though.

I agree about Kiawah. I rarely play that course anymore. Never really could figure out the greens. I think the best I've ever shot on either 9 is a 30 or 31. But I really like Royal St. George's. Even the long par 3s don't bother me. I rarely get birdie on either, but I've managed a couple of times.

I do avoid Olympic. I've played a couple of practice rounds on it, but the course just doesn't fit my eye. If I were to play it more, I think my average would go up considerably.  

RSS