Forums

Help › Forums

mini world cup 2016

Tue, Jul 11 2017 11:08 AM (1,381 replies)
  • PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sat, May 21 2016 4:36 AM

Group 4 Round 6

LVKnights v GOSharks

mbowe 5 up  v  Marcoholo

Looks like the Knights have bought some cans of shark repellent bat spray!

• PAULFINN52
    3,174 Posts
    Sat, May 21 2016 5:47 AM

starting to sweat paul

they could overtake you,only 5 points behind after 2 games played

paul

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Sat, May 21 2016 8:11 AM

PaulTon:

Group 4 Round 6

LVKnights v GOSharks

Wutpa defeats TY2000MY  6&5

Tyler still finds it too painful to sit down yet.

I had a very enjoyable game with Tyler, and not just for the obvious reason (from my standpoint) - he's just a top gent.

In his defence nothing was going right for him (apart from the first two holes where he drained a 24ft putt followed by a 17ft one for successive birdies and i thought I was going to need a priest to administer the last rites), so by the 10th or so he was just playing the round out to be social I think. So the final result was not reflective of our relative playing skills and I would fully expect Tyler to pummel me into strawberry jam on another occasion.

Nigel.

• MBowe
    1,981 Posts
    Sat, May 21 2016 8:37 AM

I too enjoyed my match with Mark.  Top gent, understand this could have gone Mark's way very easily but it was late night early morning for him so he was not on his "A" game at the time we played our match. I was very lucky to sink some putts along the way.  Now to pass the shark repellent onto the next match!!! that picture is too funny, and I think I recall watching that episode which is totally freaking me out!!! <BAMM!> <POWW!>

Mike

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sat, May 21 2016 8:44 AM

It's from the 1966 movie 'Batman'. Well worth a wee watch...

• tuxedo2
    5,293 Posts
    Sat, May 21 2016 10:12 AM

PMSL Paul but this might be a closer comparison...

PaulTon:

Group 4 Round 6

LVKnights v GOSharks

mbowe 5 up  v  Marcoholo

Looks like the Knights have bought some cans of shark repellent bat spray!

• thegoosebag
    2,264 Posts
    Sat, May 21 2016 3:16 PM

does anyone know the where abouts of xthunderball messaged him wednesday and heard nothing back at the moment

cheers     mark.

• Jmugsy1
    113 Posts
    Sat, May 21 2016 6:18 PM

Group 3 Round 6

Eagle Club Golf Association vs Wooden Tee

Jmugsy1 Defeated Why9 4UP

ECGA wins

• kevinf2009
    279 Posts
    Sat, May 21 2016 9:35 PM

Well Shedlite and I played our match tonight. IDK if i was on steriods tonight or if i was just completely in the zone but it was kind of a slaughter. I won the first 3 holes and then conceded the 4th to make it 2up thru 4. Shedlite then tied the 5th to hopefully grab some momentum but I won the 6th. He won the 7th after making a beautiful putt and mine lipping out. But i then won the 8th to maintain a 3up lead on the front. Then on 10, we both hit the tree with our drive so it was the battle for the ellusive tree-par. Well, i made my tree-par by sticking my 3rd shot to 1.6ft away and he missed his putt, so i went 4up. We then tied the 11th after another lipout by me. Then i made a really nice putt on 12 to win and go 5up. Then on the 13th hole, i made a nice 13ft uphill bender to win the match. All in all, i really enjoyed this match and want to welcome Shedlite (Bill) to SEL. Enjoy'd the company.

SEL Gnomes kevinf2009 wins 6&5

• Shedlite
    917 Posts
    Sat, May 21 2016 9:59 PM

Lol, Kevin said better than i could of , My approaches were short my putts were off i got a serious lesson on how to lose. Was an honor to be destroyed by Kevin :o)

Group 1 sel gnomes vs LotW

Kevinf2008 6up (with 5 to go) over Shedlite

RSS