Forums

Help › Forums

What is the best equipment to play with?

Tue, Jan 18 2011 7:26 PM (0 replies)
  • G0LD
    358 Posts
    Tue, Jan 18 2011 7:26 PM

Here's my humble opinion, as a so-called legend at level 86 who owns and has extensively played with virtually every club in the Pro Shop, up to the 280y R9D and the Ghost putter : the best equipment for any player in any tier is whatever works best for that particular player, given his or her limitations and abilities. For example, someone like me - whose reflexes are not as sharp as they used to be - will fair better with G12 type balls and such a club selection as the 270y G10 or 275y R9 driver (for legend tees. Otherwise the 255y Rapture driver is excellent) + the Rapture wood, hybrid and irons (230y, 215y, 200y - 110y) + the Ping wedges (90y and 60y) + the Spider putter than with all fast meter balls and clubs, especially the Tour balls and the G15 and i15 series, and the 260y TM driver or the the Super 278y or 280y R9, or the super Redwood or the Ghost putter. Of course, if you can consistently ding your shots with all fast or super fast meter balls and clubs, all the more power to you.

As for me, who plays with such demanding equipment when I feel up to it, I still to this day prefer the balls and clubs I mentioned; i.e., G12 type balls and such a club selection as the 270y G10 or 275y R9 driver (for legend tees. Otherwise the 255y Rapture driver is excellent) + the Rapture wood, hybrid and irons (230y, 215y, 200y - 110y) + the Ping wedges (90y and 60y) + the Spider putter. They perform very well and constitute a great option for any player. 

In short, the best equipment for you is not necessarily the most expensive one at the highest level, but whichever one suits you best, allowing you to play as well as possible on the course.

RSS