Forums

Help › Forums

color of balls

Sun, Feb 13 2011 5:16 PM (49 replies)
  • DuffyWaldorf
    286 Posts
    Sat, Jan 22 2011 8:01 AM

Doublemochaman:

Okay, you can cut & paste.  What else can you do that's remotely intelligent?

Looks like he was just trying to add some colour to the post.  Black and grey / gray (sp?) are so blah.  I like the bloo. lol

Happy Golfing

Joe

• DuffyWaldorf
    286 Posts
    Sat, Jan 22 2011 8:07 AM

Too funny...I went to check the spelling of grey / gray and got this

Grey (also spelled gray in the United States, see spelling differences) describes the colors ranging from black to white. These, including white and black, are known as ...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grey ·
    Happy Golfing
    Joe
  • JuanMendoza
    469 Posts
    Sat, Jan 22 2011 1:46 PM

Look, I don't mind if you borrow the language, just don't smear your sweaty ape-like hands all over it...

• Boomerboy44
    1,514 Posts
    Sat, Jan 22 2011 2:16 PM

I'll have you know my ape like hands don't sweat.  Back to important matters grey/gray. Do we care how it's spelled???? 

• JeffGooch
    263 Posts
    Sat, Jan 22 2011 3:38 PM

Re: color of balls

I do find it funny that someone will pay more for a certain colored ball over another with the same characteristics.  Then again, buying avatars seems a little silly too.  Yet it does support the game and adds individuality.   Works for me.

Hope this gets the post back on track.

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Sat, Jan 22 2011 4:07 PM

JeffGooch:

I do find it funny that someone will pay more for a certain colored ball over another with the same characteristics.  Then again, buying avatars seems a little silly too.  Yet it does support the game and adds individuality.   Works for me.

Finally! The voice of reason Jeff,thankyou.

There are too many people who get sidetracked and lose the thread,which starts out interesting and or informative,and then degenerates into

Anyway,enough of that.what about those wooly knix?

Lizzie x

• borntobesting
    9,634 Posts
    Sat, Jan 22 2011 7:22 PM

JeffGooch:

Actually the colored balls that I buy are the cheaper option. The GI-S balls both the light blue and Pink balls are cheaper than the white ones and The GI-SD balls the light blue is the cheapest and the pink balls are the same price as the white. For me with the balls it's the price that matters not really the color. That being said I did chose the pink GI-S ball because in real life as an older man with a sow swing speed I play pink ladies balls so why not do it here.

• JeffGooch
    263 Posts
    Mon, Jan 24 2011 7:32 AM

borntobesting:

Actually the colored balls that I buy are the cheaper option. The GI-S balls both the light blue and Pink balls are cheaper than the white ones and The GI-SD balls the light blue is the cheapest and the pink balls are the same price as the white. For me with the balls it's the price that matters not really the color. That being said I did chose the pink GI-S ball because in real life as an older man with a sow swing speed I play pink ladies balls so why not do it here.

Amazingly enough , yes some of the colored TOUR GI  balls will save you a few credits.  Good to know for those bargain hunters.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Mon, Jan 24 2011 7:39 AM

borntobesting:
    The GI-S balls both the light blue and Pink balls are cheaper than the white ones and The GI-SD balls the light blue is the cheapest and the pink balls are the same price as the white.

Another advantage to the light blue balls is they listen to me better than the white ones.

A light blue one will check up when I yell "Bite!" but the whites have a mind of their own and will continue on their merry way.

just sayin.........

• MioKontic
    4,606 Posts
    Mon, Jan 24 2011 3:14 PM

Not fair they don't do any of the GI3-S coloured balls as cheap or cheaper than the white ones.  Same applies to the GI2-S balls too.

I'm guessing they are making it similar to real golf; the best Titleist, Nike, Callaway, etc, etc spin balls are pretty much always white.  Distance balls or cheaper balls can be found in yellow, orange and pink to name a few (may even be all!).  Have you ever seen a yellow Pro V1???  And I bet real coloured balls don't cost any more than similar white ones... may even be cheaper!

So WGT, how about not being so greedy and make all colour balls the same price for the same type.  I too would like to play with a different colour, but I'll be damned if I'm going to pay extra for them!

Oh, and one more thing, get some pink woolly knickers for Lizzie; she's been hinting, nay begging, for absolutely ages!

RSS