Forums

Help › Forums

New driver recommendations.

Tue, Oct 6 2015 2:46 PM (21 replies)
  • SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Oct 1 2015 2:49 AM

Solarflares:

Did a nice 18 of St A just now - where the average was 307 yrds. Longest drive was 350yrds.  The meter is as easy as the lesser R1 - and there is that instant-feeling of having more club in your hands.

The joy of those extra seconds of ball-flight and the more-advanced landing-spot was sustained throughout the whole 18.

So true. The thrill of it as a new stick is, well, thrilling. It is sneaky long, but better still, to me, was rarely missing a fairway. It hung with me till L-96 Bertha came a callin'....

~ SP ~

• Davemuck63
    303 Posts
    Thu, Oct 1 2015 5:15 PM

Thank you everyone for the comments/recommendations regarding the SLDR Driver. This WGT forum is Great!

Dave

• ct690911
    7,199 Posts
    Thu, Oct 1 2015 6:21 PM

Often I just check out what seem to be the most popular clubs and try them first....for instance the SLDR driver seems very popular amongst the different players I meet, so I wasn't surprised you liked it...although I ended up with the Nike as I found it a bit better for me personally....I also tried every putter in the pro shop before I realized I had no talent putting, so I settled on the level 70 Versa. Even though the Nike putters seem very popular and I tried those also...I couldn't get the hang of them...so I got the Versa. I guess the best advice is to see what the really good players are using, are you at the right level to qualify, are they affordable to you, then rent them and try them out....you will eventually have a set of clubs that you are comfortable with.

It takes a bit of time, but finding the right clubs will help a player enjoy the game more.

ct

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Fri, Oct 2 2015 5:47 AM

Solarflares:

OMG - it goes over the trees at Bethpage 1 and 2!!!  Wow!  Game on.

Enjoy!

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Fri, Oct 2 2015 7:44 AM

Solarflares:
    My own bag - well , I can't wait till level 80/81 - when I can ditch the Max-spin 64 wedge and get the last Cleveland.

Of the 64 degree wedges, the one you have is a 60 yarder. I cannot live without a 64 degree 50 yarder of which there are 3; ATV's @ L-39 & L-89, and Max L-91. Any and all save shots for me. I won't play without one...won't consider it.  ~ SP ~

• ct690911
    7,199 Posts
    Fri, Oct 2 2015 8:21 AM

SweetiePie:

Solarflares:
    My own bag - well , I can't wait till level 80/81 - when I can ditch the Max-spin 64 wedge and get the last Cleveland.

Of the 64 degree wedges, the one you have is a 60 yarder. I cannot live without a 64 degree 50 yarder of which there are 3; ATV's @ L-39 & L-89, and Max L-91. Any and all save shots for me. I won't play without one...won't consider it.  ~ SP ~

I just use my putter as a recovery club....it's a 5-6 yarder....just wish I could actually putt with it......(:

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sat, Oct 3 2015 3:51 AM

Solarflares:

Hmmm - banana-shots.

Now that's a thought.

RSS