Help › Forums

Tough-It-Out VT September event: Chambers Bay

rated by 0 users
Fri, Nov 13 2015 5:25 AM (110 replies)
  • jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Sat, Sep 12 2015 10:20 AM

fmagnets:
    Corwyn saw the correct clubs in the bag while the round was being played.

How can Corwyn know that that specific tourney was being played exactly at that time? What about practicing, or just being red, with starters equipped?

The rules state, very specifically, what is required.

• Gregorman1
    10 Posts
    Sat, Sep 12 2015 10:41 AM

It doesn't even let you play at all if you don't have the required clubs/balls equipped  so why is so much proof required?  Not that I'm ever contention but it seems a little excessive.

• Gregorman1
    10 Posts
    Sat, Sep 12 2015 10:50 AM

nm.  you answer sort of.  Wasn't aware you could somehow cheat when it doesn't let you play without the right clubs but I guess glitches canhappen

• lisalovesthesun
    185 Posts
    Sat, Sep 12 2015 10:54 AM

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Sat, Sep 12 2015 10:57 AM

jayw4862:

How can Corwyn know that that specific tourney was being played exactly at that time? What about practicing, or just being red, with starters equipped?

Easily, though Corwyn could have described it better. He saw those clubs in the bag with no TIO score posted on the profile page and (I assume) no speed boost in play. 47 mins later, after dropping the kids off at school, the score was posted along with the screenshots. Pretty impossible to play a TIO round AND take, load, and post screenshots in less than 47 mins, so those were the clubs being used while the round was being played. If he was in any doubt, the score would not stand. If he reflects on it further, and finds any mechanism by which these might not have been the clubs in play during the round, then I'm sure the score might yet not stand.

• FluffyGreens
    422 Posts
    Sat, Sep 12 2015 11:11 AM

Corwyn:
    Not sure what "lippstick" means ... ?

lipout - lippy - lippstick  -_-

Corwyn:
    But I must point out Sara, that your Greenshot screenshot, with the Bag Hover, isn't exactly what's been asked for. You've got the D (Driver) selected as the club in hand, instead of the 3H. So, although you meet the necessary proof of the 3W by hovering over that to show its distance rating, there's nothing showing the 3H.

DOH !

Corwyn:

if you can get the club proof right, but this is two months in a row with a similar problem... aarghh!

However, you're in luck... When I logged in to see scores this morning, you showed as Red Busy just before I headed out for school drop-off, and I checked your profile to see that you had all the correct gear (having remembered a snafu last month). 

Since you posted your screenshots close to that time, I'm going to validate the round as legitimate in this instance (but only because I was able to verify it myself).

Thank you very much Corwyn, but

Seeing the uproar, I'll forgo any prize I might have won this month. Like I said last month, it is more the fun of testing myself against the top TL & Champions.

As long as the organisers know the score is legitimate, that's enough for me. -_-

Sara x

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Sat, Sep 12 2015 11:13 AM

FluffyGreens:

Nothing to do with a dog's lolly then ;-) What a relief!

• FluffyGreens
    422 Posts
    Sat, Sep 12 2015 11:17 AM

fmagnets:

FluffyGreens:

Nothing to do with a dog's lolly then ;-) What a relief!

LOL, thought it sounded \ could be looking rude typed out.

• philphan25
    5 Posts
    Sat, Sep 12 2015 11:54 AM

Here's an imgur album link of the screens. I shall never speak of this round again.

• xxxhogheadxxx
    949 Posts
    Sat, Sep 12 2015 12:16 PM

My first time playing and posting for this.  Hope all is correct.

RSS