Help › Forums

what is happening?

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jan 24 2011 9:09 AM (115 replies)
  • oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Sun, Jan 9 2011 10:44 AM

borntobesting:
    Today we have a strong military to do that so militias are not needed. Any militia today is considered militant and illegal.

Highly debatable B'...IMHO

side note on "right to bear arms"......"one" of the acts or laws that England wanted to impose on the settlements of the new world was unlawful to own a gun act. (wonder why?)

another thought, when the Nazi Party of Germany won full control of the government, one of the first laws imposed and rigorously enforced was GUN Control....think about it. 

Take away citizens rights to defend themselves and you CONTROL the people. IMO 

• nickuk
    967 Posts
    Sun, Jan 9 2011 10:45 AM

you can never outlaw guns in america now....its to late....but controling the type and who owns them would be a start!

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Sun, Jan 9 2011 10:50 AM

nickuk:

you can never outlaw guns in america now....its to late....but controling the type and who owns them would be a start!

we do but you cannot have perfect control

• swannyxx
    303 Posts
    Sun, Jan 9 2011 10:52 AM

nickuk:

Good luck with that.

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Sun, Jan 9 2011 10:54 AM

TextMyPC:
    To conceal it, you do

I may be wrong but Arizona just passed an amendment to their gun laws not requiring permits,  

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Jan 9 2011 11:12 AM

oneputtdavid:
    I may be wrong but Arizona just passed an amendment to their gun laws not requiring permits,  

Couple that with Arizona's attitude on illegal immigrants (remember the ID thing) and what do you suppose is going to happen? Almost looks like a step back into the Wild West.

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Sun, Jan 9 2011 11:45 AM

nickuk:

That's exactly the trick, nickuk. Banning the weapon punishes everyone, including law abiding carriers. That would equate to outlawing spoons in order to prevent obesity. Now if they could put sensible legislation in place that prevented felons from carr...... oops, already got that. . . . 

This is the tough part, it is criminals that we need to stop from using guns, and so far we can't. Take weapons out of the hands of law abiders, and the criminals have the upper hand. We need to focus on rehabilitation in prisons, and tracking for those who choose not to rehabilitate.

• bonsen
    6 Posts
    Sun, Jan 9 2011 12:05 PM

oneputtdavid:

craigswan:
    Get rid of your guns please .

Lose guns=lost freedoms....think I'll keep mine thank-you..;)

OMG! Happy I don't live in a country where I'm not free without a gun!.

• swannyxx
    303 Posts
    Sun, Jan 9 2011 12:27 PM

VanHalenLover:

nickuk:

That's exactly the trick, nickuk. Banning the weapon punishes everyone, including law abiding carriers. That would equate to outlawing spoons in order to prevent obesity. Now if they could put sensible legislation in place that prevented felons from carr...... oops, already got that. . . . 

This is the tough part, it is criminals that we need to stop from using guns, and so far we can't. Take weapons out of the hands of law abiders, and the criminals have the upper hand. We need to focus on rehabilitation in prisons, and tracking for those who choose not to rehabilitate.

Well put van

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Sun, Jan 9 2011 12:36 PM

oneputtdavid:

craigswan:
    Get rid of your guns please .

Lose guns=lost freedoms....think I'll keep mine thank-you..;)

It was fun, back when Bush was president, when some idiot leftist would say Bush was a deceitful war criminal (completely true) that would kill anyone for a buck (mostly true,) but then also say that guns should be outlawed for private citizens.

That's about like complaining that rape is rampant in a local park, and yet, at the same time, walking there every night, completely naked and without any protection whatsoever.

Keep in mind that probably around half of the people who advocate gun control also advocate the legalization of pot; one of their central arguments being that when you make a substance illegal, you create organized crime, violence, etc.  Their minds are shockingly unable to notice the corollary.

I don't know how stupid someone has to be to believe in gun control.  I really don't.

The only thing wrong with guns in America is American culture.  America doesn't have a gun violence problem -- America has a violence problem -- and gun control nuts would have a lot more success in fighting violence if they were to focus their effort on criticizing the *** that's on the radio, TV, etc.

RSS