Forums

Help › Forums

Club and Ball changes ?

Tue, Aug 18 2015 12:29 PM (32 replies)
  • Luciano18
    316 Posts
    Sun, Aug 2 2015 9:35 PM

WGT and Forum denizens

Did I miss the memo ?? I'm not understanding !?

Been using the L89 SLDR for a long while but these last couple of days ...

Low wind - Kiawah - Longest Drive is 286 ??!! that doesn't make sense

And the L33 Callys (now soft hahaha) I would have thought (having the same attributes as the original L33s) MIGHT hold better (call me crazy but the name change IMPLIES it doesn't it ?) - instead they are playing like the STARTER ball - not holding and running on (much like my 1st car)

(At least the price didn't go up for giving me poorer performance)

Same TM wedges for about 4months so it must be the balls n'est pas?? And, with the L87/89 ATVs my pitches would hit, and mostly make a 1ft hard right and STOP - now ehh, doing nothing of the sort

Could it be more issues from the most recent update

(And yes , cache has been cleared, et al)

Luciano

• DUFFR99
    571 Posts
    Mon, Aug 3 2015 6:44 AM

Hey Luciano...I'm having the same problem w/ my driver too....just got the new L90 RX2 and was getting over 300 yds even w/ a srixon ball....now w/ the new cals...maybe 265 or if it happens to roll dwnhill...280....!

• pinee
    71 Posts
    Mon, Aug 3 2015 10:11 AM

it's defo the the new lvl33 callaway soft balls that are not working right.. i have used them my self ever since i made lvl 33 (cause i am a cheap skate) .. lol.. and ya right .. they play like starter balls .. i switched to a nike ball to see if that worked ok and it did .. not a thing wrong with it so it's the new soft balls .. we'd have to be soft to keep using them if they stay like they are :)

• dono1127
    27 Posts
    Mon, Aug 3 2015 12:45 PM

I have noticed it too..and so have the players..in matches I have played.. I personally think they took off some distance and holding of the greens to compensate for the .. 2 new tiers they added.. they probably have a few more yards added.. because of the level they reached... of course with the new updates and adding 2 new tiers... they seem to have found a way to piss off a lot of players.. and ruin a good game.. they r started to get a little greedy with the price of balls and clubs.. they need to remove some of the courses.. and add some new ones..   just my thoughts..  thanks

• Luciano18
    316 Posts
    Mon, Aug 3 2015 1:41 PM

pinee:
    switched to a nike ball to see if that worked ok and it did

good call - I'll try a different ball; see what happens

I had a few hits left on the original L33 and it performed the same as always (grabbing greens etc)

I suppose we left with finding something else - but the L33 price was right for how it played - I'm loath (and probably too cheap) to play something much more $$

Tried Nike something or other couple months ago but I try to play control more than distance so I gravitate to the "better spin" selections

Thanks for the confirmation guys

• Joshnosh
    548 Posts
    Mon, Aug 3 2015 2:34 PM

Luciano18:

pinee:
    switched to a nike ball to see if that worked ok and it did

good call - I'll try a different ball; see what happens

I had a few hits left on the original L33 and it performed the same as always (grabbing greens etc)

I suppose we left with finding something else - but the L33 price was right for how it played - I'm loath (and probably too cheap) to play something much more $

Tried Nike something or other couple months ago but I try to play control more than distance so I gravitate to the "better spin" selections

Thanks for the confirmation guys

Yeah they are totaly broke they are playing the same as starter balls just did a test, apart from the meter speed which seems the same as the hex, i was playing fine rand out of hex switched to soft and they are terrible, no spin ball flight is low they are even less accurate and the distance is terrible.

wasted money on the balls and a bethpage ready to go ive shot 53 there just shot a 67!! coudlnt clear the bunkers had a 270 approach on the long par 4.

the worst thing is all of my charts are for the hex and i cant swap to another ball with out getting new charts :( 

• 1enigma1
    486 Posts
    Mon, Aug 3 2015 5:39 PM

:0   i thought it was just me, thinking i didnt need a 3.5 meter ball anymore i gave the Cally level 33 softs a go, they played like crap imo, way low ball flight & no bite, & its rated w/ a 3.5 spin?  level 61 nikes were my ball of choice, looks like ill be playing the nike 48s, i know what to expect from them.. 

• alosso
    21,042 Posts
    Mon, Aug 3 2015 10:22 PM

I switched from L33 Hex to Soft with no problems. High trajectories, balls landing on the greens as usual. No drive over 300 yds though but this may be due to the low winds I chose.

• pinee
    71 Posts
    Tue, Aug 4 2015 3:04 AM

I got in touch with wgt about it and this was the reply 

To pinee

Support (WGT)

Aug 3, 4:25 PM

Hi David,
    Thank you for the message. Please note that the new Callaway Chrome Soft are the same as the old Hex Chrome balls, just with a new name. The stats for these balls have not changed.

Best Regards,
    WGT Member Services

Looks like that is it for the lvl 33 callaway.. if you just want to hit a ball they will work just fine but if you want to better your game then get something better (much better)..lol

• Joshnosh
    548 Posts
    Tue, Aug 4 2015 4:39 AM

they are very very wrong

RSS