Forums

Help › Forums

Tips

Sat, Jan 15 2011 8:52 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • akkid
    61 Posts
    Mon, Jan 3 2011 8:58 AM

Hey everyone, I have been playing for awhile, but would like some tips from good players on easy ways to cut strokes.

Thanks,akkid

• jeffsweeps
    62 Posts
    Mon, Jan 3 2011 9:01 AM
    make more birdies. no for real, just keep swinging the clubs... and play SMART golf. Just because you can hit it with a bigger club and get it closer to the green doesn't mean you SHOULD.
  • piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Mon, Jan 3 2011 9:54 AM

I'd get another wedge and ditch the hybrid. Then just practice.

• TheAceFactor
    2,147 Posts
    Mon, Jan 3 2011 10:00 AM

piztaker:
    ditch the hybrid.
    TheAceFactor.......closes her eyes, shakes her head and moves on.

• mohuyu
    891 Posts
    Mon, Jan 3 2011 10:25 AM

TheAceFactor:
    TheAceFactor.......closes her eyes, shakes her head and moves on.

mohuyu wonders why you disagree... the third wedge is much more useful. I don't understand why in Earth somebody would carry both a fairway wood and a hybrid... 

• GoldCard
    298 Posts
    Mon, Jan 3 2011 10:43 AM

1 Wedge or 4, the course doesn't care what you play or how you get the ball in the hole?

Learning what the clubs you have can or cannot do is the most important thing.

From there you will be able to make your own fully informed decisions.

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Mon, Jan 3 2011 11:21 AM

It all comes down to a style of play and what you are comfortable with.  Playing from the legend tees makes most par 5's not reachable in two.  Thus, I opt for a hybrid, great utility club.  Secondly I may switch it to a 3w from time to time depending on wind. 

The better solution is to substitute the hybrid for the 3-iron and play with the 3w also, thus still leaving 3 wedges in the bag.

• akkid
    61 Posts
    Mon, Jan 3 2011 11:24 AM

I would buy a 4th wedge, but the difference doesnt seem to be that great and my lack of length almost requires accuracy from 190 + yrds

• yedarntootn
    9 Posts
    Mon, Jan 10 2011 2:55 PM

On putting, one thing that has helped me is to try and remember that the hole is 4.38 inches wide, so there is a 4.38 inch 'window' to shoot for, not just one perfect shot to hit.

If you can try to visually establish the edges of that 'window,' its easier to aim for the middle of it rather than to just make a perfect shot.

• hawaiicruz
    49 Posts
    Mon, Jan 10 2011 6:19 PM

Infinito3010:

It all comes down to a style of play and what you are comfortable with.  Playing from the legend tees makes most par 5's not reachable in two.  Thus, I opt for a hybrid, great utility club.  Secondly I may switch it to a 3w from time to time depending on wind. 

The better solution is to substitute the hybrid for the 3-iron and play with the 3w also, thus still leaving 3 wedges in the bag.

substitute for 3 iron?

• PAGES
RSS