Forums

Help › Forums

Fair playing conditions for everyone?

Mon, Jul 27 2015 1:22 PM (9 replies)
  • Heath021
    378 Posts
    Sat, Jul 18 2015 5:30 AM

I've been watching the broadcast for the Open Championship, and the announcers have been talking about having fair playing conditions for everyone.  Hmmm, there is a novel concept. The RNA wants payers having the same conditions for even competition. So not ONE player gets and advantage over another in big tournaments. 

You know not different meters, wind, or VEM...in relation to other players. I hope WGT adopts that concept sometime soon. (:

Happy Hitting

• CMcCartney727
    1,417 Posts
    Sat, Jul 18 2015 6:02 AM

Heath021:

I hope WGT adopts that concept sometime soon. (:

haha... don't hold your breath... that makes too much sense.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Jul 18 2015 6:14 AM

Well until they discover how to manipulate the weather, it'll never happen. Thursday's a fine example. The early players had a distinct advantage over the afternoon players. What are you going to do, not play that afternoon because it wasn't fair? Pfft.

• Heath021
    378 Posts
    Sat, Jul 18 2015 6:17 AM

Jim,

This was a tongue in cheek statement.  WGT can manipulate the wind.. and other aspects.

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Sat, Jul 18 2015 8:59 AM

YankeeJim:

Well until they discover how to manipulate the weather, it'll never happen. 

Well until WGT discover how to manipulate the cheaters, it'll never happen.

Eric

• CMcCartney727
    1,417 Posts
    Wed, Jul 22 2015 5:13 PM

Early night for me tonight... bad winds, lipouts, and BRUTAL VEM...  Suck a dick, WGT... nite all...

• Joshnosh
    548 Posts
    Mon, Jul 27 2015 4:11 AM

imagine this every condition was the same, the scores you see now would be nothing! be so easy to exploit it

• ColumbusStorm
    3,417 Posts
    Mon, Jul 27 2015 7:56 AM

LOLserver:
    Well until WGT discover how to manipulate the cheaters, it'll never happen.

I would guess that is just an excuse not to make some serious software changes to their wind logic. I would bet the wind is determined randomly when you get to each tee, nothing predetermined at the start of the round.

Maybe use the same logic for setting different tee locations on each hole as is now allowed in cc tournament setup. And at least allow wind settings per hole in cc tournaments.

• razza31
    703 Posts
    Mon, Jul 27 2015 12:13 PM

Single play tournaments without question should have the same wind for all entrants. If its random in UL ones fair enough..

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Mon, Jul 27 2015 1:22 PM

As long as everyone else is getting pretty much all headwinds except the holes where a tailwind is actually a disadvantage,  then I'd say we are all getting the shaft equally.  ;-)

Example of a hole not helped by tailwind,   ST A's #1,  big helping wind since the burn is in play as a golf ball deposit location.  :)

RSS