Forums

Help › Forums

actually impressed...

rated by 0 users
Fri, Dec 31 2010 4:20 AM (3 replies)
  • Canada15
    84 Posts
    Fri, Dec 31 2010 1:14 AM

been playing this game for quite a while now.  been frustrating sometimes and many rounds dont go the way i want them too.  but what game is this!?  this is golf... somedays are good and somedays are bad.  this site captures the game of golf really well from a players stand point.  my point is if you are a person struggling with this game give it time and you will get better.  its sad to say but its very realistic to real golf in every aspect.  if u are a beginner who does not agree with this post then read previous forums i have commented on and you will see i was in the same spot as you at some point.  but right now i have to compliment wgt and thank them for giving me many hrs of fun.  especially in the winter time when i cant play up here in Canada.  this replaces my game for the winter.

but overall thank you guys,

game is running great and im really impressed.

p.s. try to get us some new courses soon. =)

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Fri, Dec 31 2010 1:56 AM

This game is great, and I agree with you on most points, but I just gotta add......

- in real golf I control my destiny, not a jerky swing meter.

- in real golf, my ball takes flight first, before a 15mph cross wind starts blowing it off line.

- in real golf, I have never played with anyone who had a bad hole and left the course.

other than that, I'm with ya !!

• Calafort
    50 Posts
    Fri, Dec 31 2010 4:20 AM

Totally agree!!  WAY better than any pc golf game I have tried before.

Well done WGT - especially for keeping the basic game free!!

It WOULD be nice to be able to fade or draw the ball, though - rather than just have it start left or right!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Dec 31 2010 5:11 AM

VanHalenLover:
    - in real golf I control my destiny, not a jerky swing meter.

But I'll bet the results are identical over the course of 18. We all have our own built in human deviation on every swing (unless you're perfect.) Never duffed a shot, you say? OK, you're right. 

As for the wind comment, with all the stuff that causes those meter quirks can you imagine what it would be like if, instead of the wind affect being immediate off the tee instead of averaged over the flight of the ball, the engine that would have to be working to produce that effect ? From point A to point B the net result of the wind is all that counts and with deviations aside this game gets it right, just as the OP has learned.  :-)

RSS