Forums

Help › Forums

at a loss

Mon, Jul 6 2015 11:03 AM (6 replies)
  • fourscored
    34 Posts
    Thu, Jul 2 2015 1:13 PM

1st off there is nothing wrong with my gaming unit, there is nothing wrong my meter or my internet.

2nd i have been cataloging every shot i take on an excel spread sheet. this data includes distance, wind  ( broken into 12 segments), elevations (broken into 3 segments of effects from 0-30 ft +/-), dist hit with applicable spin (spin broken into 0-180 pixles based on 3x screen magnification), dinger results based on pixle count +/- dinger, shot result per distance from impact to rest, +/- of pin in feet and l/r of flag in feet.

all that being said let me also add that 98% of my games played are at congressional.

i have compiled now over 2 years of data. i have very slowly gotten better. putting still being my biggest failure.

however that's another complaint. why i'm here today is this...............wth is going on. i have ((known logged shots)) that are now all over the place. i am talking about say a 150 yd shot missing flag by as much as 20ft. yes i know that's only 4% of the value of the shot, yet that's according my data pile a 100% increase in the variance.

so again i ask wth is going on now? this has been a issue the last ten days

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Sat, Jul 4 2015 9:25 AM

Check out what VEM is. WGT patented it. 

It's amazing the ways people find enjoyment playing WGT. Well, I'm assuming you find your process enjoyable since you've been doing it for years. Your description of your data collection and analysis sounds like a near perfect description of anal retentiveness.

With all that data collection and whatnot, it's amazing you don't bother to use the shift key to make the appropriate capital letters. That's about 4% of all the letters in your post, isn't it? For sure it's a 100% variance in making the appropriate capital letters in your post.

I take the approach that it is what it is. I take whatever result the game produces, and start planning my next shot. I stay positive and in the moment.

My recommendation is to forego the data collection and analysis, rely more on your experience and intuition to set up shots, and play more holes of online WGT golf.

• fourscored
    34 Posts
    Sun, Jul 5 2015 8:34 PM

sorry i dont measure up to your standards. if you wish i will leave the game so as not to tarnish you with my being

• Spotputter
    22 Posts
    Mon, Jul 6 2015 10:40 AM

Fourscored  - I , for one , admire your dedication and hope that you get the results you deserve.....the problem is WGT have a habit of changing parameters on a regular basis. I don't have infinite detail on this as I don't keep records as such , but I talk to a number of players and they regularly tell me that they have had to change a method or two just to keep up. 

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Mon, Jul 6 2015 10:41 AM

A little hard on the Beaver there, Apex;)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Jul 6 2015 10:56 AM

MBaggese:

A little hard on the Beaver there, Apex;)

Indeed but then again, it's typical useless fodder. 

@fourscored-Keep on keeping on, you're enjoying it. Spot's point about the parameters changing is a valid one because as you improve, the game changes slightly enough to keep you challenged. You would think after the copious stats you've taken that you'd be owning CCC but the way the game works is starting to show up. Every little mistake is going to get magnified so you have to stay sharp. 

This piece on deviation  should also help explain some of what you're seeing.  GL

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Mon, Jul 6 2015 11:03 AM

Hi Apex, I have just acquired a notebook from the Santas July Christmas and in all honesty I haven't managed to put one word in it yet.

No anal whatnots here.

RSS