Forums

Help › Forums

FREE INTERNATIONAL "CREDITS" TOURNAMENT (WINNERS)

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jul 4 2015 12:00 PM (67 replies)
  • barrybelfast
    246 Posts
    Sat, Jun 27 2015 1:54 PM

i think someone has made a bit of a farce of this whole thing.... the handicaps on players are not right?  have a look at mufcmikecox.... plays off 61.73 and gets a shot taken off his score... yet i play off  62.53 and play off evens??

havent looked at others..... but im guessing the way it was arranged, there are probably more errors

• barrybelfast
    246 Posts
    Sat, Jun 27 2015 2:01 PM

bigbats handicap is wrong too? doesnt match the 1st page description? 

• lexmarkz33
    8,662 Posts
    Sat, Jun 27 2015 2:52 PM

barrybelfast:

bigbats handicap is wrong too? doesnt match the 1st page description? 

You are a Tour Legend....these guys are legends:

** You are given your tier handicaps…plus…1 additional handicap (concurrently) depending on the highest tiered
            player competing in the tournament. Tier colors are to the right of your name.            

Tiers under you get 1 additional handicap (concurrently) for playing a tier player above them. You can's expect to compete against lower tiers without leveling their playing field.

TOURNAMENT HANDICAPS              
          HANDICAP  SYSTEM (75.00 AVERAGE CUTLINE)     HANDICAP   SCALE            
      ** You will receive teir handicaps in the  scale accoeding to your average.   52.00  - 60.00 ..-1   66.01  -  69.00 ....2        
      ** "ALL-TEIR" handicaps (in the teir colors) will be added to  your teir   60.01  - 63.00 ...0   69.01  -  72.00 ....3        
            handicaps depending on the higest tier players in the tournament   63.01  - 66.00 ...1   72.01  - 75.00 ....4        

Bigbat'  average is 63.83 and falls between 63.01 - 66.00 so he get 1 tier handicap ...plus I additional handicap for playing in the same tournament with Tour Legends =2 handicaps.

Your average is 62.57 and falls between 60.01 - 63.00 so you get 0 handicaps

Mufcmikecox's average is 61.78 and falls between 60.01 - 63.00 so he get 0 tier handicap (like yourself) ...plus I additional handicap for playing in the same tournament with Tour Legends = 1 handicaps.

Tiers exist for a reason...your play skills improves as you move up the tier ranks. So you can't expect to compete with a lower tier (even with a similar average) and not level his playing field in a tournament. There are Tour Masters with averages similar to your, but would it be fair to match him with you heads-up without handicaps? .

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Sat, Jun 27 2015 4:55 PM

If I may say something, I would like to mention that precisely a "handicap" gives the guys with lower tiers & higher average the chance to "match" those experienced guys with lower or very low averages & higher tiers. Tour Master or Legends have to play on championship greens when playing together with TL's......fair enough to give them handicap.

I think the intention of having those handicaps is very fair in my opinion, after all, someone is giving away 2000 credits with no fee to enter.

Great to see people organizing this free events for everyone joy : )))

Eric

• lexmarkz33
    8,662 Posts
    Sat, Jun 27 2015 11:54 PM

You are so correct Eric....the whole premises of "handicaps" is to level the playing field so that every single player in the tournament has to play his/her very best to win. You don't win just because you are a Tour Legend...you too have to bring your "A game". In our last inter-club credits tournament a Tour pro won because he brought his A game....the rest of us didn't.... Tour Legends and Legends don't always win "just because" they are who they are. lol.

It's not easy to take, loosing to a lower tier....but it's not fair loosing all the time just because you are a lower tier either. Which is why lower tiers don't inter 'all tier tournaments' when there are no handicaps 'they don't feel they have a chance' especially when they have to pay a fee to play...."thus handicaps"....that's something that is missing in WGT, which exist in real country clubs! Well in our club lower tiers definitely do.....and should.....have a chance to win. The word "Tournaments" means a competition....there is no competition if the tournaments are always one-sided.

• Mendocinobud
    59 Posts
    Tue, Jun 30 2015 8:23 AM

Mendocinobud wrote
    on 24 Jun 2015 at 7:17 AM

ANYTIME YOU SEE ME ONINE SEND ME A INVITE

MBaker9337 wrote
    on 24 Jun 2015 at 1:36 PM

OK Will do
    MBaker9337 wrote
    on 26 Jun 2015 at 11:05 AM

I sent you an invite to play today just like you asked me to . You didn't respond. If you could leave me a message and let me know when you are available to play.
    Thanks

• roughneck427
    326 Posts
    Fri, Jul 3 2015 9:14 PM

If I'm not to late I'd like to join also.

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Sat, Jul 4 2015 12:00 PM

I'm here if i'm not too late also.

Phred952

RSS