Forums

Help › Forums

The Open 2015 at St. Andrews

Mon, Jul 20 2015 8:34 PM (370 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Jul 20 2015 12:01 PM

The best final round of a major I believe I have ever seen. Tremendous watching. Nailed Spieth's score, just a couple short.  :-(

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Mon, Jul 20 2015 12:13 PM

Champion: Zach Johnson

Zach Johnson is the Champion Golfer of the Year after defeating Louis Oosthuizen & Marc Leishman in a four-hole play-off.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH EVERYONE FOR BEING PART OF THIS THREAD, SPONSORS & ANYONE WHO POSTED AND PARTICIPATE.

NO PRIZES AWARDED THIS TIME BUT IT WAS A GREAT FUN ANYWAY!!!

HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL AGAIN FOR THE PGA CHAMPIONSHIP IN AUGUST 2015  : )))

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Jul 20 2015 12:16 PM

A souvenir from Lefty after his 1st tee on 17. :-)

• Dubfore
    4,348 Posts
    Mon, Jul 20 2015 12:35 PM

Thanks to  all the sponsors for a  fun competition.   Another one at the PGA?

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Mon, Jul 20 2015 1:14 PM

What tipsters we all are lol

Yeah well done Eric and to all involved

Great stuff

Bubbs

• Stobsbee
    4,784 Posts
    Mon, Jul 20 2015 1:41 PM

LOLserver:
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH EVERYONE FOR BEING PART OF THIS THREAD,
    Thank you Eric for running the tipster competition.

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Mon, Jul 20 2015 2:45 PM

On another note, i think The Open is at Troon next year (maybe wrong), whats the chance of WGT getting that course?

• Culburn
    19 Posts
    Mon, Jul 20 2015 4:17 PM

Nice to see Media denied Spieth.  They wanted that Slam possibility.  Wanted it bad.  Now?  They get nothing.  No Slam.  No Woods.  Media is SOL for awhile.

Good.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Mon, Jul 20 2015 6:56 PM

bubbsboy:

On another note, i think The Open is at Troon next year (maybe wrong), whats the chance of WGT getting that course?

No new US Open course next summer, let's start a rumour, let it build until forum opinion is so strong they've just got to do it.

Is typing during r.e.m. sleep a real thing? 

Live The Dream!

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Mon, Jul 20 2015 7:26 PM

Classic commentary moment from yesterday...................

1)  Mark James on Schneiderjans when he just missed a birdie putt - "Oh, he's missed it, bad news for him, but good news for the engraver".

2)  Ken Brown who was / is one of the best putters with a blade u ever saw. I had the great privilege one day years ago to have a putting lesson with him.  Magical

Anyway commenting on the fifth green, he says "loook at where the flag is, 85 yards on and still not at the back. This green just a little smaller than Guernsey"

Found one from Peter Alliss

3)  On Adam Scott, "that has got to be the longest putter in captivity"

And a few moments earlier with Zach Johnson playing the seventh, great approach , he said " are we looking at the winner here, could be"

4)  Peter Aliiss again :-  "people often ask what do players mark their ball with, well, years ago it used to be a sixpence, or some foreign coin, if ever a player lost his favourite marker, well , he wouldn't play well for a year at least !"

RSS