Help › Forums

Tough-It-Out VT June event: Pinehurst #2

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jul 8 2015 8:28 PM (147 replies)
  • fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Sun, Jul 5 2015 11:04 AM

ColumbusStorm:

I like to think this tournament is good for WGT. 

Especially when they get the programming right for the required clubs. They could then have special tournaments with specified club sets every time a free rental weekend comes around. It would be good fun for the old hands having to play with unfamiliar/substandard equipment, a good chance for lower level players stuck with that equipment to compete on a level basis, and a great marketing tool for WGT.

ColumbusStorm:

Keep up the great work and hopefully WGT will continue to support your efforts.

I hope so too. It has not been easy for Corwyn dealing with a small number of players seeking to undermine the event, whilst trying to remain fair to all and adhere to WGT's forum rules on calling out players. As always his standards and efforts to ensure the integrity of the event are impeccable. Lest I forget, a big thank you to all the prize sponsors too. 

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Tue, Jul 7 2015 1:03 PM

Jeez, I totally missed the follow up to this event. You gentlemen have said it all and you did it with more class than I thought was possible.

But if there's a soul kind enough to do it, would you please PM me the offenders name? And the identity of the multi Ben's talking about as well. I would very much like to know who the coughassholecough is and no rules would be broken by this.

Cheers

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Tue, Jul 7 2015 2:55 PM

Not sure if it was this one or last month, but I know at one stage I mistakenly had a beginner putter in my bag which wasn't picked up on.

Perhaps it was just in a practice round, can't really remember.

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Wed, Jul 8 2015 10:00 AM

Corwyn:
    Thank you to all our prize sponsors for getting prizes sent so promptly to all those who claimed them. And thank you to our winners, both for their success in winning the prize, and being willing to meet the posted conditions for claiming your sleeves. As will be obvious from the following, I cannot summarize the full list of winners here...

Two players have not posted here in the thread in order to claim their prizes, despite every effort to contact all those eligible for a prize. I will privately ensure that the next two players in line will receive those sleeve prizes instead.

Further, it is my sad duty to report that at least one player highly placed on the leaderboard was found to be playing with illegal clubs: players were being monitored during the event and below is a screenshot of the bag of one of those players during their TIO round. Their score was posted shortly after this screenshot was taken. Obviously, there is no way to prove deliberate intent, and perhaps on those grounds, WGT may be limited in the action it can take. Be assured though that the evidence we have has been forwarded to WGT. In terms of my own duty as organizer, and my responsibility to the rest of the field, I will PM any players involved in cheating of any kind, and make it clear that they are not welcome in any future events that I organize. 

To comply with WGT rules and regulations, I have had to redact out identifying information from the screenshot:

It is my hope that we can keep the tournaments available through the main tournament list, as this vastly increases the participation, and introduces many more players to this different format (which meets the desire from so many to see level playing field events). Clearly, being in the main tourney list opens up these events to players who may not have the same level of integrity as those active in the community forums. And, until WGT fixes the flaws in the restricted-club programming, it is perfectly possible that our leaderboards will be corrupted in the future by cheaters. However, I intend to limit future prizes to those who post screenshots and scorecards in the forum thread.

Given my impending family trip to Scotland in July, there will be no Tough-It-Out event this month, and we will return in August. Please watch the forums for more information early in August.

Thank you.

Corwyn

UPDATE:

Approx 1hr after posting the tourney wrap-up post above, I got a PM response to my message from 4 days earlier from a player who had been found to have used illegal clubs. The player claimed to have been left with some regular clubs equipped even after having changed them.

As organizer, I wish to make my expectations clear in this matter: I would expect any player with integrity not to finish their round if they realized they were using illegal clubs. Or, if the round was already finished, to post an explanation in the forum thread for the event.

I have informed this player that he/she is not welcome in future events that I organize.

---------------

Please note: a revised list of the top leaderboard finishers has now been sent to Shoe, and I anticipate that those sleeves will be added to players' accounts shortly.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Wed, Jul 8 2015 12:39 PM

Interesting, I had a Cleve wedge in the bag as well, found out about the 3rd hole and bailed out of the 2nd round...reason I say "interesting"...I just thought it was some glitch of mine...wouldn't matter if I played the round out though...might have made a difference between an 85 and an 84;)

• razza31
    703 Posts
    Wed, Jul 8 2015 1:35 PM

MBaggese:

Interesting, I had a Cleve wedge in the bag as well, found out about the 3rd hole and bailed out of the 2nd round...reason I say "interesting"...I just thought it was some glitch of mine...wouldn't matter if I played the round out though...might have made a difference between an 85 and an 84;)

Those cleves have some special glue lol... Stuck on my bag too .. Though in my case it was lack of coffee rather than any glitch to blame(i think).

• thegoosebag
    2,264 Posts
    Wed, Jul 8 2015 2:17 PM

great tourney as always corwyn thanks for all your hard work,forgot you were off on your hols this month and will have to wait till august for another go,enjoy and have a safe journey

on another note i always load starter clubs up myself just to make sure of correct clubs in bag what with wgt not quite being what it was of late

does anyone know of any links for screensaving and posting etc that is fool proof,maybe with a video

cheers    mark.

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Wed, Jul 8 2015 8:28 PM

I use Maxthon which has a snapshot facility built in - Ctrl + F1.

If ur browser doesn't have one then there are loads online u can downoad

If u click on ur name and select equipment say on the first hole then this ^ is what u get, unfortunately it doesn't show clearly what u r playing, but it is something at least.

But if someone wants to cheat that badly then effin good luck to them.

RSS